Brush blade recommendations for a FS90

/ Brush blade recommendations for a FS90
Thanks for the input Trovenn Forestry - the 3 blade sounds exactly like what I need

thanks for all the input everyone..

brian

/ Brush blade recommendations for a FS90 #12  
As others have mentioned, the three blade works very well for clearing heavy stuff. I've cut 1in. sapplings with no problem w my FS250. I like the fact that it cuts in both directions. You can clear a path quickly with a back and forth motion

IMG00347.jpg

I ordered a 'Forester' 3 blade off of ebay yesterday..

thanks for all the advice

b

/ Brush blade recommendations for a FS90 #14  
Do you have the correct nut plate, nut and splined washer? I do not know if they come with the FS 90. If all you have is the spool attachment for cutting line you will need a couple of parts other than just the knife blade to properly attach it. Look with the bag that came with the FS 90 and you might find some extra hardware hopefully.

Trovenn Forestry - Yes the required mounting hardware was included with the purchase.. Not sure if the dealership threw it in or my dad paid for it..

Thanks for bring that up though..

b

/ Brush blade recommendations for a FS90 #16  
Try a google search of Tenryu saw blades. I put a 10 inch one on a Stihl FS250 and it cuts fantastic. I have used beaver blades and I have the Y-shaped one from Stihl. What I love about the Tenryu is you can dig it into the dirt flush cutting saplings and it's still sharp and they are half the price of beaver blades.
I also find it will do just as good a job cutting weeds and vines as the Y blade. I don't know about the mulching ability.
Leroy

/ Brush blade recommendations for a FS90 #17  
I am looking into buying an FS 56 C-E or the FS 90. Did your FS 90 come with the double harness or just the shoulder strap like the FS 56 C-E.

John

Last edited:
I am looking into buying an FS 56 C-E or the FS 90. Did your FS 90 come with the double harness or just the shoulder strap like the FS 56 C-E.

John

I have not use mine yet but I actually started to unbundle the strap to see which it was, but didnt.. I will go out tomorrow and see which one it is..

Brian

John

Mine only came with the shoulder strap (which Stihl calls the 'basic harness').. You MAY be able to ask them to upgrade/swap it out for the double harness..

ALSO - IMHO I would ask them to change the string head to the "auto cut 'C' easy spool" - you just insert the line into the head and twist a knob to restring it.. None of the issues with the line getting tangled or getting it aligned when you need new string - I can never get the head restrung correctly, i always get the tangles and/or the line 'welds together'

Brian

/ Brush blade recommendations for a FS90 #20  
Brian

Thanks for your reply. That is what I thought on the harness, was hoping it had the double.
I am leaning to the FS 90 because of the solid shaft and it is only .6 lbs heavier than the FS 56 C-E.
Stihl also wants you to use what they call a limit stop. I believe it is a more solid deflector that you can use to edge your blade into the tree.
They don't list the price for the harness or the limit stop on my dealer's web site but that does not make any difference on which I end up buying.
I will be now be better prepared when I go to the dealer when I get ready to buy.
Thanks again.

John