Stihl Kombi sweeper

/ Stihl Kombi sweeper #1  

wh22366

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 1540
I have a question about the Kombi sweeper attachment (rubber paddles). The unit I bought, complete with guard, pulls material towards the operator with the motor/pull starter upright (same position as when I use the trimmer head). The assembly instructions pulled off the Stihl web page show keeping the driveshaft indexing tab upright and the gearbox driveshaft situated above the axle shafts - that matches my setup. The engine/shaft turn clockwise and the axles the same, pulling debris toward the operator. I can flip the machine over and have it push debris away from me, but the big plastic guard prevents it. What I've finally is to remove the guard, flip the driveshaft and run it below the level of the axle shafts.

Anybody else have this experience? Maybe I'm just old.

/ Stihl Kombi sweeper #2  
image-1957368464.jpg

Does yours look like this? Mine pushes material forward. Perhaps the guard was installed backwards?
Dave

/ Stihl Kombi sweeper
Thanks for the replies. I suspect that the unit fits more than one Stihl power head and either other power heads run in the opposite direction(?) or there is a sweeper gearbox available that turns the opposite way. On to bigger problems!

/ Stihl Kombi sweeper #4  
Take it back to the dealer and have him assemble it right.