grass trimmer recommendation

/ grass trimmer recommendation #1  

professor

Gold Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers 416S John Deere LX280, John Deere Z225 zero turn yanmar 1401 , Oliver 550 Special, Oliver 75 Lawn Tractor, New Holland 3930 4WD, Mitsubishi BDF2 Dozer
I am looking for a straight shaft trimmer and have narrowed selection to Stihl or Echo. Any recommendations appreciated.

/ grass trimmer recommendation #2  
I use Echo and thier chain saw also. They use the same plugs and filter and start on the first pull if you don't flood them.:D

/ grass trimmer recommendation #3  
I have a Stihl FS90.It's a four stroke but still takes oil/gas premix.It has lots of torque and doesn't scream like all the two stroke ones.My cousin borrowed it and had to buy one too.Then his brother had to get one.Then their dad got one too.We all love them.

/ grass trimmer recommendation #4  
Before buying look at a Kawasaki. I like my Stihl chainsaw but this Kawasaki trimmer is the best starting piece of equipment I have ever owned.

/ grass trimmer recommendation #5  
The Echo is a nice unit, but I don't think you could go wrong with the Stihl either...IMO

/ grass trimmer recommendation #6  
My new Echo is better than my 15 yr old Stihl.

Bruce

/ grass trimmer recommendation
Thanks for the recommendations. I bought an Echo model SRM-225 from a dealer who sold both Stihl and Echo. I liked the feel of the Echo and the string loading system.