Bronze Member

Default Troy Bilt TB120BV Leaf Blower Disassembly

Hi All:

I have a problem. I have a troy bilt leaf blower. The use has made the contacts become either loose or worn. As a result, you can see massive sparks being generated inside the blower housing. To avoid the unit's total destruction I decided to disassemble it this morning and clean/renovate the internals.

However, after removing all of the screws from the housing (2 opposing pieces) I cannot get the thing apart. I have done my best to see what is holding together after the screws are removed. It seems to be something located at the junction between the impeller and the motor. I scoped-out diagrams on the replacement parts sites but there isn't anything that makes it clear what the hang up is. I suspect there is a tab that needs to be released. Has anyone taken a troy bilt blower apart. The model was manufactured in '07. It'd be nice to be able to get an answer as it'd save me about 100 bucks on a new one. This one still works great but I'd like to ensure it works for another couple of years.

Thanks in advance guys!

Jon

Tractor
    na

Default Re: Troy Bilt TB120BV Leaf Blower Disassembly

There is one more screw underneath the decal.