Which weedeater to buy Dad?

/ Which weedeater to buy Dad? #11  
I had two Stihl FS 80's. They each lasted about twelve years of heavy use. The FS 80 I have now still runs. I have tried other brands also. I prefer Stihl weed eaters. I do like the 4 stroke motors a lot better. Starts a lot easier and has a lot more power than my old two cycles.

/ Which weedeater to buy Dad? #12  
We bough a Swisher walk behind string trimmer for use around our farm. It is amazing, and is ofset to the left, so you can walk along a fence, or the edge of a field, and use it without having to push under the fence, and it save your arms big time. The string is very, very heavy duty, and it will actually take down small saplings if you are not careful. We use it under the edge of a pasture fence, on a hill side, around the house, and in the deep weeds that are almost waist high, and very thick. The only thing is you have to wear eye protection, but it comes with it, because it does kick back some debris. Stihl is also a top notch brand if you want the kind he is going to carry. We use the Stihl Farm Boss chain saws to cut the wood that we heat our house with, and it cuts like butter and starts every time, and the Stihl dealer is very helpful. Below is the link to the Swisher, just as an idea and its on sale for $279.

Swisher 6.75 Gross Torque 22 in. String Trimmer - 1039311 | Tractor Supply Company

st60022q__action02.jpg

st60022q__studio004.jpg

st60022q__action01.jpg

/ Which weedeater to buy Dad? #13  
We bough a Swisher walk behind string trimmer for use around our farm. It is amazing, and is ofset to the left, so you can walk along a fence, or the edge of a field, and use it without having to push under the fence, and it save your arms big time. The string is very, very heavy duty, and it will actually take down small saplings if you are not careful. We use it under the edge of a pasture fence, on a hill side, around the house, and in the deep weeds that are almost waist high, and very thick. The only thing is you have to wear eye protection, but it comes with it, because it does kick back some debris. Stihl is also a top notch brand if you want the kind he is going to carry. We use the Stihl Farm Boss chain saws to cut the wood that we heat our house with, and it cuts like butter and starts every time, and the Stihl dealer is very helpful. Below is the link to the Swisher, just as an idea and its on sale for $279.

Swisher 6.75 Gross Torque 22 in. String Trimmer - 1039311 | Tractor Supply Company

st60022q__action02.jpg

st60022q__studio004.jpg

st60022q__action01.jpg

I've looked at these. Have you tried this trimming under woven wire fence?

/ Which weedeater to buy Dad? #14  
I've looked at these. Have you tried this trimming under woven wire fence?

I actually have, we have one section of our pasture, near our hens that has this type of fence. The trimmer does not cut the wire, I actually have also hit multiple t-posts with it as well, and it just hits them, and keeps going. The worst this that happens is the trimmer string breaks, and you attach a new piece. It is al pre-cut, and attaches very quickly. It does not tangle in the fence either.

/ Which weedeater to buy Dad?
Thanks for all the feed back! Looks like I may go with the 90R. I have the 90 with the bike handles are really like it. :thumbsup: