Weed eater getting gas into crankcase.

/ Weed eater getting gas into crankcase. #1  

Bwgad96

Silver Member
Tractor
Wayy to many.
hi to all, I had a customer bring in a weed eater brand trimmer. He said it wouldent start and needed new gas lines. I replaced lines and still wont start. Getting plenty if fire, runs with filter and exaust removed, but as soon as I reinstall them, no go. There is fuel coming out the exaust port in big droplets, and the crank fills up. Any help appriciated!

/ Weed eater getting gas into crankcase. #2  
Maybe a carby kit and see how much compression. Just put you finger over the spark plug hole.

/ Weed eater getting gas into crankcase. #3  
Sounds like bad rings. For the price of fixing it he' s better off buying a new one.

/ Weed eater getting gas into crankcase. #4  
If it isn't any good should be good for parts. Two strokes are one of the easy motors to work on in my experience. Just temperamental at times.

Sent from my LG-P705 using TractorByNet

/ Weed eater getting gas into crankcase. #5  
CHECK THE EXAUST FOR BEING PLUGGED. MUD WASPS BUILD A NEST IN MINE AND WOULD NOT START.

/ Weed eater getting gas into crankcase. #6  
The carb is mostly just a diaphragm, usually 4 screws and it is good to go. Take it out and take it with you if buying locally, or buy it online.

/ Weed eater getting gas into crankcase. #7  
If it will run without the muffler check the spark arrestor in the muffler for carbon build up.