Powered topsoil spreader

/ Powered topsoil spreader #1  

RMATTEN

Tractor
none
I need a spreader for topsoil for a hill on my property which is covered with ivy but is too steep for the typical spreader. Rain washes soil down the hill and I need to replenish the topsoil from time to time. The spreader needs to be stationary but powered so that topsoil can be spread over a distance of 10 to 20 feet. I have searched and can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

/ Powered topsoil spreader #2  
I need a spreader for topsoil for a hill on my property which is covered with ivy but is too steep for the typical spreader. Rain washes soil down the hill and I need to replenish the topsoil from time to time. The spreader needs to be stationary but powered so that topsoil can be spread over a distance of 10 to 20 feet. I have searched and can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Never heard of any such thing.

/ Powered topsoil spreader #3  
manure spreader would do it, though need large enough tractor and RPM's to get that spreader to fling the poo!! i mean top soil!

if hill is going down. just drop the top soil and use one of them single handle tillers (for flower beds), ((make sure it turns in correct direction)) and let it fling top soil on you and also bring top soil down the hill.

you could always build a "chute" out of some lumber that way it would be easier to use flat head shovel. to scrap top soil down he chute....

i am not sure if a PTO powered seed spreader would work. you might try and see how you could get a "dry fertilizer spreader" vs stating top soil...

/ Powered topsoil spreader #4  
They make a unit called "slinger" that is used by town sewage people to spread sludge among tree rows!---they look like manure spreaders only sling the stuff out to the side instead of the back, allowing you to drive along the top of a cliff and toss it over the edge, Probably 30 to 50 feet, just a guess!--- saw a used one at auction the other day,---didnt bring much!
You might also look for a smaller side throw farm size manure spreader! thanks; sonny580

/ Powered topsoil spreader #5  
I have heard that 3pt snowblowers work good for this. Mine is certainly heavy enough that screened soul wouldn't damage it. You would just want to keep the rocks out.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet