Tractor
    Kubota L5740HSTC, Massey Ferguson 2615

Default towable leaf blower

I have some hilly areas to blow leaves, not so bad I can't drive on them, but backbreaking to use a rolling blower.
    I'm told there are pull kits for some of the leaf blowers so that you can pull them behind your garden tractor.
    I'm talking smaller stuff, not the big commercial blowers on a three point.

I keep looking at those blowers and even with a pull kit, the wheels don't look wide enough for good stability.
    Has anyone here used a blower in this way? In most of the areas I need to blow leaves, i have woods nearby, so blowing everything into the woods
    works nicely. But I need more guts than a backpack blower for this, actually I'd like at least a 9hp one.

Anyone been down this road? thanks Drew
    2012 Kubota L5740HSTC3 with FEL and Long solid bucket grapple, TNT, CA forks and stump bucket, Fred Cain subsoiler, County Line potato plow, County Line 1 bottom plow, 1986 Gravely 8199G with tow behind DR rototiller, 50" deck+40" Gravely wing mowers, Echo 450-18 & 600-24, Echo PPT280, 2014 JD X750 diesel garden tractor, 1968 Cub Cadet 125 under renovation, Husky-Speeco 35 ton splitter, ETA heavy duty rake and blade, Northern Tools 55 gal orchard sprayer, tow behind 8hp Little Wonder blower,

Tractor
    Statesman

Default Re: towable leaf blower

I need exactly the same thing for exactly the same reason - I also blow leaves into the woods on the perimeter of a 3-4 acre cleared yard. Did you ever have any luck finding something that works?

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Funny thing, I passed one on the road just a few minutes ago. Looked like it had about a 3 foot diameter turbo on it and towed on 5 wheels. They didn't seem to be very wide stanced so might not be very stable on a hillside, however it has to have pretty good stability to hold upright with that much wind force coming out of it. Couldn't tell the brand but the wind turbine was orange.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Kubota L5740HSTC, Massey Ferguson 2615

every once in a while on CraigsList a serious commercial leaf blower shows up, and I've smiled thinking about hooking up that sucker to the back of my Gravely and blowing leaves about twenty feet back into the woods.
    So, no I haven't found what I wanted, but now you've woken me up, thank you, and it's leaf time...
    Lots of used small blowers on the market, but all look equally "tippy" to me. I'm looking for the "wide track" version.
    Or maybe dual rear wheels. I'm guessing a min of ten hp, so that leaves out, pun intended... most of what I've seen. I want to drag this thing, not push it, with a tractor and if it's heavier because of something added to it, I sure don't care. Training wheels? Or I wonder if it is possible to modify the standard axle to extend out another foot. Just six more inches on each side would make a big difference. I have hills I have to negotiate so I'm concerned that the standard hitch option one can buy on a new model would work great on a flat area, but my world is not flat for sure.

time to make some calls to local dealers and see if any used stuff is out there. For the three or four hours a year I need this, I'm sure a used one with some new paint will do fine. And maybe some mods. More on that later.

btw, RogersRetreat, welcome!