Tractor
    Kioti DK40 SE FEL - Ford 8N - Ford F 1300 - Cub Cadet LT1045

Default Stihl FS130 trimmer broken spark plug boot - parts list?

While checking my spark plug I damaged the boot cover. When I saw damaged, I mean broke in two.

I'm pretty sure I'll need to replace the entire coil to rectify the problem so a parts list or diagram would be a huge help..

My idle has been low and it just doesn't run "like a Stihl". The plug was basically black and gunky.

This one was given to me and it was hardly used. I run mid grade gas and use Stihl's 2 cycle oil.

Or I could try to fix what I have. It appears that the spring coil that goes on the top of the plug might have simply been spiked into the wire.

Can that be? No solder?

I'm sure it will be fun threading the wire through the boot again but replacing the entire module will be a bit pricey I would think.

-20130728_124941-jpg

-zoom-jpg
    Last edited by Wakey; 07-28-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Subject clarification

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Default Re: Stihl FS130 trimmer broken spark plug boot - parts list?

Good pics! You should go to your local Stihl dealer and have him put a new boot assy on the wire and be done with it. The parts you need are readily available and won't necessitate buying a coil.
    Use ONLY hi-test non-ethanol gas in your trimmer- you will thank yourself for doing so when it runs better and doesn't gum up with E-10. Mix only enough gas to use it up within 30 days; store it in one of the newer NON-vented gas cans and run any left over gas in your car/truck.
    See my signature line- I am a avid Stihl fan for over 45 years.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40 SE FEL - Ford 8N - Ford F 1300 - Cub Cadet LT1045

Thanks CM, I did just that.

The guy at the counter fixed it while I was standing there. The spike simply inserts into the wire where the puncture was. He used to have a landscaping biz and like many, had to get a regular job when the economy tanked. He had me back in business in 5 minutes.

I found a link for alcohol free gas too, thanks! Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Great! You're welcome, I had the same thing happen on a couple of my saws over the years- they don't leave enough excess wire in my opinion if one has to cut the end of the wire to make a new good connection.
    Also change the in tank fuel filter seasonally- if it has one like the saws do.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.