Stihl FS130 trimmer broken spark plug boot - parts list?

/ Stihl FS130 trimmer broken spark plug boot - parts list? #1  

Wakey

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere Z915B Zero Turn 54 Deck
While checking my spark plug I damaged the boot cover. When I saw damaged, I mean broke in two.

I'm pretty sure I'll need to replace the entire coil to rectify the problem so a parts list or diagram would be a huge help..

My idle has been low and it just doesn't run "like a Stihl". The plug was basically black and gunky.

This one was given to me and it was hardly used. I run mid grade gas and use Stihl's 2 cycle oil.

Or I could try to fix what I have. It appears that the spring coil that goes on the top of the plug might have simply been spiked into the wire.

Can that be? No solder?

I'm sure it will be fun threading the wire through the boot again but replacing the entire module will be a bit pricey I would think.

20130728_124941.jpg

zoom.jpg

Last edited:
   / Stihl FS130 trimmer broken spark plug boot - parts list? #2  
Good pics! You should go to your local Stihl dealer and have him put a new boot assy on the wire and be done with it. The parts you need are readily available and won't necessitate buying a coil.
Use ONLY hi-test non-ethanol gas in your trimmer- you will thank yourself for doing so when it runs better and doesn't gum up with E-10. Mix only enough gas to use it up within 30 days; store it in one of the newer NON-vented gas cans and run any left over gas in your car/truck.
See my signature line- I am a avid Stihl fan for over 45 years.

/ Stihl FS130 trimmer broken spark plug boot - parts list?
Thanks CM, I did just that.

The guy at the counter fixed it while I was standing there. The spike simply inserts into the wire where the puncture was. He used to have a landscaping biz and like many, had to get a regular job when the economy tanked. He had me back in business in 5 minutes.

I found a link for alcohol free gas too, thanks! Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

/ Stihl FS130 trimmer broken spark plug boot - parts list? #4  
Great! You're welcome, I had the same thing happen on a couple of my saws over the years- they don't leave enough excess wire in my opinion if one has to cut the end of the wire to make a new good connection.
Also change the in tank fuel filter seasonally- if it has one like the saws do.:thumbsup: