Stihl Kombi or dedicated hedge trimmer and dedicated pole saw

/ Stihl Kombi or dedicated hedge trimmer and dedicated pole saw #1  

phastmac

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060,Kubota MX 4700hst, Kubota B7100hst, Kubota RTV 900,
I am in the market for a gas hedge trimmer and pole saw. I am going to buy Stihl, but I don't know weather to get the Kombi unit, so I can change the attachments out, or if I should buy the dedicated single use tools. My only concern is how heavy duty are the kombi attachments. I know the quality of the comercial grade Stihl tools, so I have no worries there. Any coments and advise would be great. Thanks.

/ Stihl Kombi or dedicated hedge trimmer and dedicated pole saw #2  
I have a kombi stihl (km 90) and the durability of the attachment point is impressive. I think just as strong/solid as a non-kombi tool. I don't have either of the attachments you mentioned, but am only vouching for the strength.

The pole saw may not go as long without multiple extensions, which stihl doesn't recommend.

/ Stihl Kombi or dedicated hedge trimmer and dedicated pole saw #3  
I have a Kombi and have never had a problem. I have the pole saw and the hedge trimmer, as well as other attachments.

I am very satisfied, and am very pleased with having one motor, which means it gets used more often and is easier to maintain than a motor on every unit.

/ Stihl Kombi or dedicated hedge trimmer and dedicated pole saw #4  
I have a Stihl HT 56C that I bought almost five years ago to care for hurricane damage. It has been used twice in those years, so get a Kombi if you can.

/ Stihl Kombi or dedicated hedge trimmer and dedicated pole saw #5  
I have two Kombi, used them extensively. I use the chain saw attachment and the articulating hedge trimmer. They are great. I also have the standard stihl hedge trimmer and sidewalk edger. They are exactly like the Kombi, only can't break the shaft apart to store them or transport. So the Kombi shaft works perfectly. There's no difference in the Kombi or non Kombi tool. I'll never buy another regular Stihl, if it's available in the Kombi version. I think my motor is the 110 unit, not the biggest but the second size. Works great

/ Stihl Kombi or dedicated hedge trimmer and dedicated pole saw #6  
I have two Kombi, used them extensively. I use the chain saw attachment and the articulating hedge trimmer. They are great. I also have the standard stihl hedge trimmer and sidewalk edger. They are exactly like the Kombi, only can't break the shaft apart to store them or transport. So the Kombi shaft works perfectly. There's no difference in the Kombi or non Kombi tool. I'll never buy another regular Stihl, if it's available in the Kombi version. I think my motor is the 110 unit, not the biggest but the second size. Works great

/ Stihl Kombi or dedicated hedge trimmer and dedicated pole saw #7  
I can't recommend the shindaiwa brand enough. And I don't work for them. They are so good, their competition Echo bought them.

/ Stihl Kombi or dedicated hedge trimmer and dedicated pole saw #8