ECHO SRM 225 String trimmer will not run

/ ECHO SRM 225 String trimmer will not run
Just want to thank everyone for the suggestions. Today I removed the flame arrestor and it started, but ran pretty bad. So I removed the muffler too. Guess what it ran perfectly without anything connected to the exhaust port. So I went back into my stash and found a muffler and arrestor from another unit, installed it and the thing runs perfect. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS

/ ECHO SRM 225 String trimmer will not run #12  
I'm so glad to hear you had success!

Many would just give up... good going.

/ ECHO SRM 225 String trimmer will not run #13  
My Echo trimmer was a PITA to start at the end of 2016 and I figured I would probably junk it in 2017, but I got by with it for over half of 2017. Finally, it wouldn't start at all and its borrowed time ran out.

/ ECHO SRM 225 String trimmer will not run #14  
Those spark arrestors on 2 strokes WILL carbon up & not allow adequate exhaust flow.. No air out=no air in..
I had a garden tiller that did the exact same thing..
Pulled it all apart, fixed the carb.. reassembled.. nothing.. hit it w/ ether.. cough, cough. spit, spit.. wouldn't rev up..
bought a new carb, put it on, same thing.. I was just about ready to throw it in the woods, literally, when I decided to TRY one more thing..
I saw a "pull tab" on the exhaust muffler.. I pulled it out[mesh screen] & pulled the start cord.. it fired up on the 1st pull.!!!
Give it a try..