Mantis/ 2 stroke fuel question

/ Mantis/ 2 stroke fuel question #1  

nod

Bronze Member
I am thinking about buying a 2 stroke mantis. Everything I have read on them says to drain the fuel if your not going to use in two weeks. I have a Stihl chainsaw and weed trimmer that I leave the fuel mixture in year round. I have never had any fuel problems with either one. Is the mantis really that picky with the fuel?

/ Mantis/ 2 stroke fuel question #2  
I would use non-ethenol fuel with Sea Foam or Sta-Bil in it and not worry about draining it until the end of season.

/ Mantis/ 2 stroke fuel question #3  
I am thinking about buying a 2 stroke mantis. Everything I have read on them says to drain the fuel if your not going to use in two weeks. I have a Stihl chainsaw and weed trimmer that I leave the fuel mixture in year round. I have never had any fuel problems with either one. Is the mantis really that picky with the fuel?
My Mantis tiller is no pickier with fuel than my 2 stroke chainsaw or trimmers.
I've never drained the tank and never had an issue.

/ Mantis/ 2 stroke fuel question #4  
My Mantis tiller is no pickier with fuel than my 2 stroke chainsaw or trimmers.
I've never drained the tank and never had an issue.

Same here. I do use the synthetic 2 stroke oil.

/ Mantis/ 2 stroke fuel question #5  
Same here. I use the Stihl synthetic with added stabilizer as well. The actual best thing on any of this is to run them periodically as well until warm. What I do once it has set a long time, is replace the mix with treated fresh when I'm ready to start using it.

/ Mantis/ 2 stroke fuel question
That's kinda whit I figured. Thanks everybody.

/ Mantis/ 2 stroke fuel question #7  
My Mantis didn't like E fuel, it NEVER get's it any longer! Then again, no other small gas engine I have likes E fuel either...

I also have a Honda powered mini tiller, it sure is a lot quieter than the Mantis!

SR