2 Cycle Carburetor - No High/Low Markings

/ 2 Cycle Carburetor - No High/Low Markings #1  

littlebuddie

Tractor
MF35 Utility
Hello my friends,
Working on my neighbor's Stihl FS75 weed whacker, fixed it but want to tune carb however there are no H/L markings on the adjustment screws. How do I know one from the other so I can make a good basic start in adjustment? Here is a comparative photo of the aftermarket carb that is on it. Thanks in advance for any replies!!
s-l400.jpg

/ 2 Cycle Carburetor - No High/Low Markings #2  
The markings will be on the orange cowling by the holes for your adjuster screwdriver to access the screws. Usually they have a circular arrow and a numerical indication of the direction and number of turns from 'closed'. And the Letters H & L.

/ 2 Cycle Carburetor - No High/Low Markings #3  
The screw nearest to the engine is the slow speed.

/ 2 Cycle Carburetor - No High/Low Markings
Hi Leejohn, Thanks soooo much, I was thinking the low speed screw was out board from the engine, no wonder I couldn't get anywhere with my trials. Your answer is much appreciated! Thanks again! :thumbsup:

/ 2 Cycle Carburetor - No High/Low Markings
Hi Spanner! That is what I was going by, the marking on the cowling but things weren't going right. It is an aftermarket carb so perhaps this carb doesn't follow the rules on the cowling. I will try Leejohn's suggestion and see if that works. Thanks very much for your reply!