How to find out every pole saw feature?

/ How to find out every pole saw feature? #1  

kathy50

3628 Prudence Street Southfield, MI 48075
Tractor
Allis-Chalmers 440
Hi,

In 2016 I bought a pole saw. That was my first pole saw. That time I had no experience that's why I bought bed pole saw from the market. Which was my big mistake!!! Right now I have a little experience how to find out the best pole saw. If you want to buy the best pole saw before you should know what is the feature of the pole saw cause feature is the most important! Recently I am read an article on the blog. Read the article you can easily find out which is the best pole saw on the market. I don't want to beginner's face any problem as like me.

/ How to find out every pole saw feature? #2  
When I bought my ploe sw years back I ask tree service crew what they like and use,than I purchase the same as them.

/ How to find out every pole saw feature? #3  
How many features can a pole saw have?

I have an Oregon Cordless. Love it, except it had an issue with the pole separating and also jams up very easily. I wish the saw could angle so you can come straight down on a limb rather than at an angle which jams it up.

/ How to find out every pole saw feature? #4  
Get one that isn’t too heavy. They wear you out quickly. I made the mistake of buying the biggest, most powerful one stihl makes and while it cuts great, I’m ready to park after about 20 minutes of use!

/ How to find out every pole saw feature? #5  
Heck, I went 'old school' and bought a "heavy duty" pole saw. I have an expandable 5.5 metre pole for it.

Now, understand when I say 'old school' I mean just that... a non-powered pole saw blade. It cuts on the down-stroke really well.

Very light weight and manoeuvrable. Mind you, I'm not maintaining a track (trail), but I've got a fair number of blackwood trees on my property that need to be 'managed'.

/ How to find out every pole saw feature? #6  
kathy, Reading this article, didn't do much for me. We have 3 of them and been using for them well over 10 years now. Many of points in it made like "safety features are important" said nothing. Another concerning "if its not telescoping, then its not a pole saw" makes no sense. We don't own any telescoping ones and can't, since they are to long for us to haul into the field. My read on this article is it was written by a professional writer, not someone who's ever used one.

Hi,

In 2016 I bought a pole saw. That was my first pole saw. That time I had no experience that's why I bought bed pole saw from the market. Which was my big mistake!!! Right now I have a little experience how to find out the best pole saw. If you want to buy the best pole saw before you should know what is the feature of the pole saw cause feature is the most important! Recently I am read an article on the blog. Read the article you can easily find out which is the best pole saw on the market. I don't want to beginner's face any problem as like me.

/ How to find out every pole saw feature? #7  
I just ordered a Worx Cordless Jaw Saw. You can get an extension pole for it, so I figured it would be good for pruning here and there, since you could rest the limb in the 'C' and wouldn't have to work the saw much. If I come across anything that it can't handle, I'm getting one of these!

/ How to find out every pole saw feature? #8  
My feeling is that a loader mounted saw will jam and probably be destroyed in short order. Getting it into position would be tedious, again in my opinion.

I was somewhere recently picking up some surplus equipment. The guy had hydraulic pole loppers from the Electric Utility. I never knew they had such things. There were different lengths for various height linemen. They were not telescopic. I guess if you have a bucket truck, who needs that?

I'm thinking a hydraulic lopper would work better then a saw on a loader, but it is limited to maybe a couple of inches.

/ How to find out every pole saw feature?
I just ordered a Worx Cordless Jaw Saw. You can get an extension pole for it, so I figured it would be good for pruning here and there, since you could rest the limb in the 'C' and wouldn't have to work the saw much. If I come across anything that it can't handle, I'm getting one of these!

I read a lot of reviews about the Worx cordless Jaw Saw. Its Battery charged but could never get the chain tension right. After several failed attempts that varied between the chain just falling off to the power not engaging at all. Someone disappointed with this product and tell don't Waste your money! This saw uses a lot of oil; but worse; it LEAKS OIL when put away. I think WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw is best from Jaw saw.

/ How to find out every pole saw feature? #10  
I just needed a power pack to run my tiller attachment that hooks to the Poulan weed eater. Stihl was way overpriced at over $300 just for the gasoline power head. I found a Poulan powerhead that came with a pole saw attachment for a bit over $150 so I bought it. The pole saw has seen many hours of use trimming branches from hundreds of trees so they don't hit the tractor when mowing. So far the only thing I can say bad about it is that it uses a lot of oil and is a bit heavy but the big 31CC? engine works well as a counterbalance to the 8 foot long 2 piece pole. I did have to adjust the carb on it for it to run right (special tool required for this).