Echo and Cub Cadet same trimmer??

/ Echo and Cub Cadet same trimmer?? #1  

milkman

Elite Member
Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
Tractor
BX2200, BCS 735
I'm looking at new string trimmer, Echo at HD is $199 last time I looked. Cub Cadet at TSC looks like Echo, different color, is $199, Cub at Lowes is about $30 cheaper than TSC. Is the engine on the CC from Echo, or a copy. The trimmer I really want is the Husqvarna, but can't get the shaft that I want. Lookin for some wisdom.

/ Echo and Cub Cadet same trimmer?? #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm looking at new string trimmer, Echo at HD is $199 last time I looked. Cub Cadet at TSC looks like Echo, different color, is $199, Cub at Lowes is about $30 cheaper than TSC. Is the engine on the CC from Echo, or a copy. The trimmer I really want is the Husqvarna, but can't get the shaft that I want. Lookin for some wisdom. )</font>

milkman,
I doubt they are the same trimmer. If you go to <font color="teal">Cub Cadet Commercial</font> you'll see that
they're using the Shibaura engine. The ECHO engine is made by Kioritz.
It's a shame people can't seem to get over the Stihl/Husqvarna idea being the ultimate. The best stuff don't always have to come from Europe. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ECHO products are top shelf. You will like the grips better on the ECHO than the Husqvarna.

/ Echo and Cub Cadet same trimmer?? #3  
I have husky & maruyama. Both excellent trimmers They both have solid steel shafts . when I was in the market echo only made 1 trimmer with a steel shaft. I've had too many flex cables to break.

/ Echo and Cub Cadet same trimmer?? #4  
I know about the cable driveshafts. They are lifetime warranty items, though. Personally, I don't like them. The commercial (read - expensive) ones are steel drive shafts.
There is still a brand that has all their models steel drive shafts - Shindiawa. They just don't have too many dealers though.

/ Echo and Cub Cadet same trimmer?? #5  
I believe that Echo's flex shafts are a patented design, and they do have a lifetime warranty. I wanted a solid shaft but ended up buying a flex shaft, because there is less shock on the engine when using the blade than the solid shaft.

Any way My echo stuff is great. I have used Stihl and they do work well too.

/ Echo and Cub Cadet same trimmer??
I like the Echo trimmer also, but to get the straight shaft with the disconnect to use other attachments, I would have to go to the high dollar pro models. I can't justify the $$$ for that since the non pro models would do more than I can do with them since I only have one good (make that better than the other) shoulder to operate it with.

/ Echo and Cub Cadet same trimmer?? #7  
I have an Echo and Shindaiwa gas trimmer. Paid about $250 for each.

I would buy the Shindaiwa over the Echo anyday...

I've heard good things about the Shindaiwa also, just missed a good sale on those when a hardware went out of business in town about 20 miles from here.

/ Echo and Cub Cadet same trimmer?? #9  
I now have two trimmers, a new $199 Echo from HD and an FS55 RC Stihl. Both trimmers were $199 and are residential/light commercial usage. I use them to cut my lawn as well as my parents property. Next year I hope to maybe take on a few more jobs. I have 2 trimmers because I had problems with the Stihl running. But seems the dealer fixed that issue. The ECHO is a great trimmer. Its light, quieter and the bump feed works with less "bump". I think both are good machines, but they feel differently in hand. If I had to choose one over the other,...... I'd have to go with the Echo.

Gonna have to get back by HD and check out the Echo again, but I really want on with the disconnect to run other attachments, may have to check out an Echo dealer next time I go the town.