Trimmer built for women

/ Trimmer built for women #1  

txdon

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 3032E
In a sly effort to sustain my seat time I need to find a trimmer that will keep the wife busy and happy. I figure that there should be several requirements:

1. Light
2. Very easy start
3. Quiet
4. Easy string feed
5. Gas (2 or 4 stroke)

Your help will be appreciated if you can narrow my search.
Thanks.

/ Trimmer built for women #2  
They are super cheap, but the weedeater 'featherlight' series are very light and manageable. Easy start w/ 1-2 pulls. I paid $59 for mine 5yrs ago & it's still going strong with nothing but adding gas and trimmer line! You can get the same one for around $69 today. It ain't no echo, stihl, etc.. but at that price, who cares /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif!
G/luck
Joel

/ Trimmer built for women #3  
Don, don't count on it. I tried that approach a few yrs back. My wife said she would weed eat, but my big old weed whacker was just too heavy. I sent her out to pick out her own.... but specified I wanted her to buy a stihl. She came back with their lightest offering.

I think after one time or two of slinging crap all over her....that was it. I have been doing it every since. It sure didn't work for me.

sassafraspete

/ Trimmer built for women #4  
<font color="blue"> I need to find a trimmer that will keep the wife busy and happy </font>
<font color="orange"> Kubota </font> GR2100 . This puts a heavy emphisis on HAPPY. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Trimmer built for women #5  
Don,

I have a few trimmers. The ones that are the most comfortable and easy to manage have a good harness that goes over your shoulders and around your waist. Once you clip it on, there is no real weight on your arms. You just need to do the swinging action.

As for noise, all mine are 2 cycle and kind of noisy but I would "think" that she should be using ear (and eye) protection regardless.

Not sure what your price range is but Stihl and Husqvarna make nice trimmers and are easy to start and have nice string feeds.

Brian

/ Trimmer built for women #6  
Don,

Although not built exclusively for women, I suggest a wheel mounted unit with electric start. I have used a DR brand trimmer for many years and it has been great for trimming around trees, buildings, fences, ditch banks, etc. In addition to being easy to start, the noise is not close to your ears and is much more pleasant to hear than a 2 cycle buzz up close to your head. I don't expect to use a hand held trimmer again in my lifetime.

JackIL

/ Trimmer built for women #7  
Don, I hunted quite awhile for such a string trimmer myself. About the lightest weight I found that I thought would be reliable was the Stihl FS45C at 9.5 pounds, but I wanted a straight shaft model, so I bought the FS55RC at 10.8 pounds. Of course, Stihl is not cheap, but I like'em. In spite of the 10.8 pound weight, the way it's balanced, I can even use it with one hand, if I don't try to do that too long at a time. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Trimmer built for women #8  
I bought this online HomeDepot, weedeater brand wheeled version. works great and is around $160..JohnJ

Attachments

• 713996-162688_4.jpg
    713996-162688_4.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,039
   / Trimmer built for women #9  
Don, I was thinking of regular string trimmers, but like JackIL said, those wheeled ones are pretty nice. I had the big DR trimmer/mower and that's the only string trimmer my wife ever used. Mine was electric start, so it doesn't get any easier than that.

/ Trimmer built for women #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( keep the wife busy and happy. )</font>

Okay!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Egon