Hand Held Leaf Blower

/ Hand Held Leaf Blower #1  

TimberXX

Platinum Member
Tractor
BCS 770 Italian 2 Wheel Tractor, Grillo 107d, BCS 853, Deere x350, Deere x730
My old man expects me to pick up a season's worth of leaves with an electic blower circa 1975. We are planning to pick up a gas model tomorrow, do you have any suggestions?

/ Hand Held Leaf Blower #2  
I have a Deere blower, and works well. I have used a couple of Stihl blowers (Lions work day at a camp blowing leaves and pine needles for several hours) and I liked them much better than my Deere. That's the extent of my experience with blowers, and have had my Deere since '99 and use it all year long to clean the garage, and blow off the drive, as well as move a lot of leaves from around the house and in the flower beds.

/ Hand Held Leaf Blower #4  
All I have had are backpack blowers but when I went to replace my old Echo, I decided my needs no longer warranted the backpack. I got this one Sthil BG 85 Hand held blower I actually like it better then my backpack now. Not as powerful for sure, but quite good. About $230 as I recall

/ Hand Held Leaf Blower #5  
I second that recommendation. I just purchased a BG 85 two weeks ago and it is the best blower I have ever used. It has more blowing power than the 5hp wheeled blower I purchased to clear my 1500' drive.

/ Hand Held Leaf Blower #6  
I've got a Stihl BG85 handheld and recently purchased a ??340 Stihl backpack model. Both have their distinct advantages. I still use the hand-held for MOST leaf clean-ups, but with a yard full of trees, the big POWERFUL backpack model has it's moments too. Both are easy starting, stone reliable, fair priced, and VERY good equipment.

/ Hand Held Leaf Blower #7  
I bought a homelite gas hand blower for $60 bucks at Home Depot 18 months ago. It has worked fine and given me no problems.

/ Hand Held Leaf Blower
Thanks Guys. I picked up the 85 this morning. I ran it all day, and have to say I am happy with it. The choice was between the 65 and 85. The 65 was $150 and the 85 was $210. I thought it was a pretty good deal. It took up matted pine needles and even a few lightly frozen leaves. I was curious if it can blow under and inch of snow?