RedMax Backpack Blower

/ RedMax Backpack Blower #1  

hunterridgefarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130DT, Kubota L185DT, JD LX277
Anyone heard of or used the RedMax Backpack Blower?

My dealer said all the landscapers and lawncare guys are buying these now, very powerful.

I went to look at the Stihl and Echo when he showed me the RedMax.

Stihl BR550 $399.95
RedMax $389.00 (forgot Model #)
Echo $399.00 (forgot model # /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

I have a Echo hand held and it has been a good one for 18 years. But it is time to upgrade /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Any suggestion on the three?

/ RedMax Backpack Blower #2  
Yeah RedMax was really (at least in my neck of the woods) not well known until they introduced their new 8000 series backpack blower last year. That blower really seemed to launch their sales. I have nothing bad to say about their blowers and know of several people that use them and are happy with their performance.

However, many of my guys that bought the 8000 series RedMax blower were not happy with it. Seems the popular train of thought is that the 7000 series is a much better overall machine than the 8000.

BTW, the most powerful backpack blower on the market right now is the Shindaiwa EB8510. The several EB8510's I have sold so far are doing well and have heard nothing but praise for them.

Keep us posted as to what you do.

/ RedMax Backpack Blower
gamble77,
Thanks for the reply. I have an outdoor equipment store in town that I want to go by and see what they carry. I don't recall seeing Shindaiwa anywhere but he may carry those.

On items like this I like to buy from the smaller guys instead of the "big box stores", support the small guy and get better service.

Just want to make sure I buy a quality product that will give me the same service as my previous blower.

/ RedMax Backpack Blower #4  
I just purchased a redmax EB7001.So far it's been a good blower with plenty of power. The larger blowers weigh more . The EB 7001 is about 21 lbs. the 8000 is around 25 lbs. I Purchased off the net for $400.00 including shipping.

/ RedMax Backpack Blower
So of the three listed does any one stand out as better more reliable?

/ RedMax Backpack Blower #6  
I don't know about that .They are mechanical & they may all give problems at some point. I went to lawnsite .com & found that after asking questions I went with the redmax 7001 more power than the ones you listed.Redmax is a division of Komatsu that builds heavy equipment.look for the cfm @ the end of the tube, some list cfm @ the housing. the redmax for $389.00 is probably the 7001 ,but I don't know where your prices came from.Like I said I paid $400.00 for the 7001 shipped to the door.

/ RedMax Backpack Blower #7  
HRF -

I'm a Stihl guy at heart, and that said, when I compared the biggest Stihl (BR600) to the biggest Echo (PB-751) I went with the Echo. It's just tough to beat an Echo for ease of starting, intelligent design, and astonishing reliability. I stll have an Echo PB-201E that I bought in 1986 and have used a LOT.

I have a friend in the power equipment biz who loves Red Max, and I'm sure the Shindaiwa is good too. The Echo 751 moves a LOT of air too though, and has a GREAT air filtration system. The Stihl might be the cleanest of the bunch with its 4-mix engine, but I believe the 751 is a "cleaned up" version of the 750, which it replaced. Decisions, decisions ... just do what you can to try the Echo before you buy anything else, and check out the filtration system.

John

/ RedMax Backpack Blower
CT-
I plan to try all three and the Echo was what I went in thinking to buy since the one I have has been a good one.

They are calling for our first snow of the year tonight and tomorrow, if my in-town outdoor equipment dealer is open tomorrow I see what he has and I know he will "crank-em-up" for me.
thanks

/ RedMax Backpack Blower #9  
We have been using Redmax blowers in my business for years. I also own Stihl. I buy nothing but Redmax blowers now. They are the best of the best for blowers.

/ RedMax Backpack Blower #10  
Last fall I purchased the Redmax EBZ8000 to replace my aging Stihl BR400. When it comes to power, the Redmax has plenty. The only disadvantage is when you have to lift it onto your shoulders 5 to 10 times or more per day, then its weight becomes a factor. The Redmax 7000 model may be a better choice as far as weight is concerned. I needed the extra power of the EBZ8000 for Fall leaf cleanup. The 8000 saved me many hours last Fall because of its wonderful power.
I have used Stihl equipment for the last 8 years and it has performed great. I have no problems recommending Stihl equipment. I haven't tried any of the new Stihl backpack blowers so I can't comment on the newer versions, although I am sure they are great.
I have never used Echo equipment, but have never heard any negative comments about it, only positive comments.
I would recommend trying all three brands out, then choose the brand/model you like best. I think any of the three brands will be a good choice, as long as you are happy with it. All three will last for years with proper care.
Good luck in your choice. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Wish I could help a little more, maybe others will be able to. If you have any questions about the EBZ8000, I will be glad to help.

Curt