stihl blower and edger

/ stihl blower and edger #1  

workinallthetime

Veteran Member
Tractor
L45 TLB, ZD326P
anyone have any experience with stihl back back blowers and edgers? im about to get one of each and would like to hear from those who own and operate this type of equipment.

/ stihl blower and edger #2  
I have a Stihl 420 Magnum backpack blower, and it has been excellent. It has different heads that are easy to change out. I have had it about two years, and it runs great and I have really never serviced it. I use my blower a lot, even though I do not use it commercially. I would buy another one in no time if I needed a good blower. My dad has my older 340 blower and it still does great, and in most instances it is the equal of mine.

John M

/ stihl blower and edger #3  
I have owned several Stihl Backpack Blowers (BR320's & BR400's, if I remember correctly), never had any problems with them, they all started within 3-5 pulls, usually. I used them commercially (landscape/lawn care) and had numerous operators of all shapes/sizes no one really complained about the comfort of using them and the blowers tolerated the commercial use easily.
I haven't had any experience with the edgers (stick edgers, I assume). If they have the same engines as the FS85's or FS90's- you should many years of trouble free service- if you do regular maintenance on them. We used straight shaft trimmers with the twin line heads (turn the complete unit so the lines are horizontal to the desired edge) to edge with and perform the regular string trimming duties. If the edges haven't been edged-ever, the string trimmer will not make it look nice, unless you continue to edge every week, then I would use a manual hand edger, initially and then keep it maintained with the string trimmer.

Good Luck!!

/ stihl blower and edger #4  
I spoke incorrectly above saying to hold it horizonally, I should have stated vertically to create an edge between the turf and pavement. Also, this works best on concrete not on asphalt, because of a sharp, defined edge on concrete.

Sorry for any confusion and once again, Good Luck in your decision.

/ stihl blower and edger #5  
We have a Stihl hand held blower that seems to work well and it starts easily enough. haven't had it long enough to say much more.Ialso have had great service from Stihl chain saw,straight shaft trimmer,hedge trimmer and I'm considering a Stihl mini tiller.Good luck with your purchase.

/ stihl blower and edger #6  
I have a Stihl chainsaw, hedge trimmer and blower and all have performed better than my expectations. Always start no matter how long it's been since I've use it, etc.....This is about the only brand I'll buy now.

/ stihl blower and edger #7  
I have been a "fan" of STIHL equipment for many years. On my farm I have one back pack blower, 2 hand held blowers, 2 chain saws, 2 commercial grade trimmers and 1 Kombi system. I have never had any problems with any STIHL product. You just can't beat the realability.
:)

/ stihl blower and edger #8  
I have both the Stihl 2 cycle backpack blower and edger. Can't remember the exact model numbers off the top of my head, but I have had these about 3-4 years. These are for personal use only, and I'm very satisfied with quality and ease of use.

I like Stihl products!

/ stihl blower and edger #9  
In response to our recent ice storm, I bought a Stihl HT-101 pole saw. It has the new 4-mix engine, which starts much easier than any other Stihl I've been around -- second or third pull every time, and runs with the choke on long enough to flip the choke switch off (unlike my Husky chainsaw and Stihl trimmers which always require another pull on the rope once they catch with the choke pulled). I have always believed in buying quality, and all my power equipment is either orange or orange and white.

Last edited: