Belt driven or Direct drive pressure washer?

/ Belt driven or Direct drive pressure washer? #1  

DaddyRabbit

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L-4610 HST
   / Belt driven or Direct drive pressure washer?
Umm, Bueller...Bueller...Bueller. Anyone?

/ Belt driven or Direct drive pressure washer? #3  
I'm going to guess the belt driven one has a heavier duty pump. That is likely the tradeoff- convienience of direct drive with no belts to worry about, or a slightly larger, higher capacity pump with belt drive.

-Fordlords-

/ Belt driven or Direct drive pressure washer? #4  
i might can help you with this one. i used to rep for simpson pressure washers and mi-t-m.

belt drive typically takes two people or ramps to load and unload. many people sling the direct drive pumps around by themselves.

the direct drive has the pump hooked straight to the engine. heat and vibration are the biggest killers of the pump. both are much less on a belt driven machine as the pump is isolated from the motor. for all day use this makes a big difference. for the weekend warrior it is not as big of an issue.

the ability to change the engine speed and pully systems on the belt drives allows a wider range of pump options. more replacement options when needed too. directs are always a 1:1 ratio.

i did not look at the injector options in your link- chemical injectors are often problematic. many pros prefer a seperate in-line injector to a built in.

also be sure the hose is called "non-marking"

aluminum frames help with weight and corrosion.

as you seem to have figured out the majority is the pairing of a quality engine with a quality pump

don't overlook the robin (subaru) engine powered offerings. the motors are typically quieter than hondas and have a much better (longer) warranty.

the cat pumps (nothing wrong with the generals) are good pumps too.

3000psi is typically a perfect machine a little lighter, less fuel comsumption and cheaper. you may have a specific reason for needing more?

/ Belt driven or Direct drive pressure washer? #6  
the chemical injectors typically have a ball and spring. as the chemicals impact the parts at some point they no longer work. the off board ones can be purchased cheaply and are easily replacable on the jobsite w/o down time.

if you want-
check out the mi-t-m washers. pick a model and pm me with the model #.
i will see what i can do on the price for you. i can likely get you some free stuff with the deal too.

Thanks DVR. Will do.

/ Belt driven or Direct drive pressure washer? #8  
Just for a note the Robin/Subaru and Honda GX engines have the same 2 year warranty.

-Fordlords-

/ Belt driven or Direct drive pressure washer? #9  
Fordlords said:
Just for a note the Robin/Subaru and Honda GX engines have the same 2 year warranty.

-Fordlords-

not when it comes to mi-t-m pressure washers but thanks anyway:

The CA Series aluminum pressure washer is the ultimate answer for those applications requiring a lightweight, yet durable unit that is also extremely easy to handle.

- Performance proven engine with low oil protection

- Direct drive triplex piston AR pump with ceramic plungers

- Thermal relief valve

- Adjustable pressure

- Stainless steel and brass unloader

- Forged brass manifold

- In-line water strainer

- Adjustable low pressure detergent injection optional

- Professional grade insulated trigger gun with safety lock-off

- 36 inch lance with rubber grip (48-inch lance on 3500- and 4000-PSI models)

- One (1) year limited parts & labor warranty

- Two (2) year limited warranty on Honda engine

- Three (3) year limited warranty on Subaru engine

- Seven (7) year limited warranty on pump

/ Belt driven or Direct drive pressure washer? #10  
I stand corrected on those washers. The washer manufacturer apparently covers an additional year of engine warranty beyond what is covered by Robin/Subaru. R/S lists 2 year factory warranties on all of their commercial grade engines.

-Fordlords-