Question about STIHL FS450 handheld brushcutter

/ Question about STIHL FS450 handheld brushcutter #1  

kubota4me

Silver Member
Tractor
An orange one
I have been buying these expensive STIHL blades for my brushcutter. The place that sharpens them charges me a fortune. Does anybody know if any other saw blades would work on this machine, possibly ordinary blades? Thanks for your help!

/ Question about STIHL FS450 handheld brushcutter #2  
I would think you would need same size center hole and rated RPM of blade to be more than your cutter
:)

/ Question about STIHL FS450 handheld brushcutter #3  
MrJimi said:
I would think you would need same size center hole and rated RPM of blade to be more than your cutter
:)

Figure out these two things, plus the number of teeth and see if anything matches at McMaster-Carr.

/ Question about STIHL FS450 handheld brushcutter #4  
I have some Makita brushcutter blades that work nicely... and are rated for the RPMs. Found them on clearance at my local welding supply.

/ Question about STIHL FS450 handheld brushcutter #5  
kubota4me said:
I have been buying these expensive STIHL blades for my brushcutter. The place that sharpens them charges me a fortune. Does anybody know if any other saw blades would work on this machine, possibly ordinary blades? Thanks for your help!

Kubota4me:

My FS 130 Instruction Manual contains information that leads me to the impression that you can obtain the necessary files, balancer, and sharpening templates for Stihl circular saw blades from your dealership. I use the chisel tooth circular saw blade. I have not yet purchased any of these special accessories so I do not know how well they work. Jay