in the market for a new lawn/garden tractor

/ in the market for a new lawn/garden tractor #11  
Check into a ZTR lawn mower with a mulching deck. They are much faster to mow with, cut leaves to shreds and extremely manuverable. Do you still need a garden tractor when you have a compact tractor?

/ in the market for a new lawn/garden tractor #12  
You can also find the older JD 330/332 and the Cub Cadet 782d and 882 diesel in that price range. While MTD had taken over CC by the time the kubota diesel powered cubs came out, it was still an IH design tractor throughout. If you like the kubota diesels, the Cub Cadet diesels are easier to find parts and attachments for than the older G series Kubota garden tractors. The red 782d and yellow/white 882 both could have a cat 0 3pt hitch, 44 or 50 inch mower deck, single or duel stage snow blowers, 48" power angle snow blade. They come up on ebay or one of the Cub Cadet sites from time to time, in fact there is a nice 882 diesel for $1900 for sale down by Pittsburgh, PA. You can find it on the ihregistery.com site, its for sale from Rich Patton, a very nice guy to deal with that sells used Cub Cadets. Cheers Mike

/ in the market for a new lawn/garden tractor #13  
VABlue said:
For that price range you'll need to look for older used diesel models. For a new machine I can recommend a JD X300 series mower. Identical price range and JD service - you can only get them at the dealers (not box stores). The cutting deck is the same as the JD 2305 runs, so it cuts nicely and can run the JD collection systems. As for their performance, I couldn't say...

*I believe that Kubota stopped selling their high end mowers in favor of the BX1550 type machines? I say this because when I went to look at them the dealer said he had stopped carrying them and pointed me towards the BX series.
Good luck!
*This is what JD should do with the x500 and x700 instead of gouging folks with an over priced Garden tractor costing more than their higher level 2305 sub compact.

/ in the market for a new lawn/garden tractor #14  
chatme said:
I would stay away from anything that is made by MTD. I had a Cub 3240 and what a piece of 6000 doller junk ! A garden tractor that brakes down form just mowing...wow....Anyway my friend had a small Kubota that he had not even changed a deck belt in 5 years, So I started looking at them and talked myself into a bigger BX 2350. And now after 32 hours on her I know I picked a good machine. On the cub I new after 6 hours I had made a BAD decision.
I'm a big Kubota Fan .
I own a BX23 and am looking at a new BX1500 for $7500 and a used BX1500 for $6000.
At those give away prices I just might by em both.
However even at that I'm smart enough to know that lemons are found in every brand of tractor out there.
CC is no different than Kuboto or any of the others on that.
I have a CC GT2554 that is a well bult tank of a tractor.
Your CC lemon don't make my 2554 a piece of junk any more than somebodys kubota lemon makes my BX23 a piece of crap.

/ in the market for a new lawn/garden tractor #15  
bx24d said:
Once I trade up from my sub-compact tractor to a compact tractor, I will need to purchase a lawn/garden tractor to mow trim, around trees, and hard-to-reach areas of my fairly hilly 1.5 acre lawn. I also would like to collect leaves along the 300 ft drive way in the fall. I currently have a 2002 Sears 27 horse, 48" Garden Tractor with bagger but, frankly, I have not been happy with the responsiveness of their service. (It took 6 weeks for them to come out and repair a drive belt pulley that snapped off this past June).

I've always had Sears tractors, but I'm so happy with my Kubota BX 24 that I feel that (when shopping for a garden tractor) I should explore brands like kubota, cc, hv, agco, etc. I also am intrigued by the thought of having a diesel garden tractor as I've been very happy with the diesel engines I've had.

I'm wiling to spend in the neighborhood of $3000 to $4000 or so. Would love to hear thoughts on the above.
Have you bought anything yet?

/ in the market for a new lawn/garden tractor #17  
JohnSinVA said:
Have you?
Nope ; but I've got my eye on a couple of KUBOTA BX 1500 tractors
A new one for 7500 and a used one for 6000.
Considering selling the CC GT2554 and buying both of the BX1500s.
May get a little price break form the dealer if I take them both.

/ in the market for a new lawn/garden tractor #18  
LBrown59 said:
Nope ; but I've got my eye on a couple of KUBOTA BX 1500 tractors
A new one for 7500 and a used one for 6000.
Considering selling the CC GT2554 and buying both of the BX1500s.
May get a little price break form the dealer if I take them both.

Great. Post pics when you get them. Like to see them in action.

/ in the market for a new lawn/garden tractor #19  
LBrown59 said:
I'm a big Kubota Fan .
I own a BX23 and am looking at a new BX1500 for $7500 and a used BX1500 for $6000.
At those give away prices I just might by em both.
However even at that I'm smart enough to know that lemons are found in every brand of tractor out there.
CC is no different than Kuboto or any of the others on that.
I have a CC GT2554 that is a well bult tank of a tractor.
Your CC lemon don't make my 2554 a piece of junk any more than somebodys kubota lemon makes my BX23 a piece of crap.
Since posting this I decided to get them both plus a used front blade and a new 4' tiller and maybe a Brush Hog.

/ in the market for a new lawn/garden tractor
Just curious as to what plans you have for both....as having two tractors is twice the maintenance while you can only work one of them at a time.