power king

/ power king #1  

georgia plow boy

Bronze Member
I saw an old 1614 power king at an auction the other day it didn't have a mower with it but looked like an interasting tractor does any one know if they are good tractors and if parts are easy to buy and at what price thanks

/ power king #2  
Power Kings are neat little tractors. Fairly cheap to buy. The powered attachments usually run off a belt from the engine pto, like a modern lawn & garden tractor. parts seem to be plentiful on e-bay and weekly shopper guides, though not made anymore.
I would still rather have a good Yanmar that took modern attachments.

/ power king #3  
I am also very interested in Power King tractors, but since they are older tractors there doesn't seem to be that much information about them on TBN. I would recommend that you should check out this yahoo group for info:

PowerKingTractors : Power King, Economy, Jim Dandy Tractors

They have hundreds of post every week, and I can barely keep up with all of the reading. They also have a large photo section. What part of Georgia are you in?

John

/ power king #4  
I had a Power King Economy tractor for about 15 years. It was the first tractor I bought in 1970. It was a great machine. I never had a problem with it. It was like a tank. I sold it to a friend since I was using the 1910 most of the time. I wish I had kept it. I had a loader for it as well.

I wanted to attach a picture but for some reason that option isn't working today.

/ power king #5  
The attachments are working today. Here was my Power King.

Attachments

• f3-019.jpg
    f3-019.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 5,515
   / power king #6  
Nice picture!

Like I said, I have been admiring the Power King tractors at a distance for a little while now.

I guess that it really just depends on your tractor needs / requirements. For a garden tractor, I would take a Power King over a Cub cadet, MTD, or Craftsmen any day of the week. The Power king is basically equally equipment in terms of motor size and HP as compare to the cadet. The difference being that the PK drive train is built very heavy duty and makes use of automobile parts. On a scale of small tractors, I would place it between a Cub Cadet and Farmall Cub. Basically meaning that (too me at least) it is lot stronger than you average garden tractor but not yet something like a farmall cub. I would expect to pay between 800~1500 for a average condition specimen.

I would love to have one, but if I bought one it would just be for collecting. I already have a lawn mower, garden tractor (belt driving MTD lucky me), and a 35hp Mahindra diesel tractor. PK's are cool :cool:

/ power king #7  
I looked at one in average shape w/ the two trannys and a sickle bar for $1500 before I bought the Mahindra. I wish I had bought it though. I've since seen alot of the attachments for reasonable $, FEL, tiller, belly mower, etc...
I'm not sure what I'd do with it since the Mahindra easily surpasses it but still, I just like them.

/ power king #8  
They were pretty amazing machines. Not styled to be pretty , but built like a serious machine to do serious work. The company still exists at some level and many parts are still available, but production shut down on complete tractors several years ago. If I remember correctly, the owners had some sort of disagreement about running the company, and the end result was not good. Power King Tractor Replacement Parts and Accessories

/ power king #9  
I had a late 90's model (95-96' I think) and that thing was a tank. Very well build machine and was great too plow with.