Kubota Push Mower?

/ Kubota Push Mower? #1  

Gomez

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2400
I saw a Kubota push mower over on ebay. Is this a renameplated item or what? I bid on it when it first was on but now it's over $200. Thought it would be a nice companion for my wife to do the trimming while I'm driving around the B2400. (Did I say that?)

/ Kubota Push Mower? #2  
For reference, that SC22 ended around $325 - fair enough.

As far as I know, the Kubota mowers are/were manufactured in the US, and by Kubota. However, I am not positive as to the current status of that line.

Now, one question... would you be just driving around or, um, working?? (on the B2400 while your wife does the trimming) /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

<font color=blue>>></font color=blue>Muhammad
<font color=blue>Forum Master</font color=blue>

/ Kubota Push Mower? #3  
Muhammad;
Now everyone knows that when you're on the tractor, it's 'working'. ("Gee honey, I was surverying the land to determine if ....insert favorite excuse here").

/ Kubota Push Mower? #4  
Muhammed, what push or self-propelled mowers does Kubota sell (or used to sell)? The smallest thing I see on kubota.com is the T1460 lawn tractor. Thanks, Jim

/ Kubota Push Mower? #5  
I must rehearse that one !!!!! And she thinks I'm just foolin around

/ Kubota Push Mower? #6  
I have some product guides from the early-90's with the push mowers... I will have to check, and get back to you. Just off the top of my head, I remember 3-5 models ranging from 3.5 horsepower to 6 horsepower, commercial-quality walk-behinds. Also with a line of water pumps and generators, maybe these are still manufactured, under a different division.

/ Kubota Push Mower? #7  
Jim,

Ok, I looked them up... found them as late as 1995 production. I am not sure if they were made after that date.

7 models ranging from 19"-36" cutting width, with 5 and 12.5 HP engines, came as 3-in-1 mowers, with optional mulching kits on commercial models (2 were available). Of those 7 models, 4 were self-propelled, and were powered by a Kubota air cooled, 4-cycle OHV gas engine. 6 manual cutting height adjustments were from 5/8" on some models to 4" on the largest model. The clipping bags held between 2.25 and 3 bushels, and the mowers weighed between 88.2lbs and 419lbs (for the 36", 12.5 HP model).

A couple of other features were curved handle bars, and a 'turbo suction fan' that was suppose to pick up more clippings with a vacuum action.

/ Kubota Push Mower? #8  
Muhammed, thanks for checking. Jim