Are Ferris zero-turn mowers really smoother?

/ Are Ferris zero-turn mowers really smoother? #51  
Another advantage of the Ferris is the mower will stay in consistent contact with the surface because the wheels are all independently moving. So they will stay in contact with the ground better and supply a more even contact pressure.
I kinda like riding on three wheels half the time. lol

/ Are Ferris zero-turn mowers really smoother? #52  
I've found the Ferris would side hill better then my Dixie chopper. I thought it was due to the motor being mounted farther back. The suspension could help that as well.

/ Are Ferris zero-turn mowers really smoother? #53  
Ive only got 9 hours on my IS 700Z but its not even comparable to the Husqvarna lawn tractor I was using for the past few years.

I guess its not a very good comparison, Ive never used any zero turn before this one...but with the lawn tractor I had to very slowly roll over a LOT of sections in my lawn. With the 700Z I barely feel the bumps.

I mow about 6 acres total, about 1/2 of which is pretty bumpy and I couldnt be happier with mine!

/ Are Ferris zero-turn mowers really smoother? #54  
I've got about a week now on my new IS2600Z.

Wow!! Is all I can say.

It's like mowing on a cloud from an easy chair.

/ Are Ferris zero-turn mowers really smoother? #55  
Last fall I sold my older Ferris IS 2000Z and bought a Ferris 3200Z with the 61" deck and never looked back. My 2+ acres can now be mowed in around 1 hour and 15 minutes including going around trees and scrubs. My lawn is not smooth in some areas so I like to slow down a little but the Ferris takes it in stride and I hardly feel the bumps. The shocks and springs make it almost fun to mow. The 37 HP engine has enough power to handle any amount of thick grass with ease. When I mow with this Ferris it almost feels like I am on my ATV! The ride is that smooth and fast.

/ Are Ferris zero-turn mowers really smoother? #56  
I also bought a new 3200Z with the 37HP EFI Vanguard engine and the mower is simply awesome. I tell people it's like riding an ATV. The shocks absorb the bumps and you don't have any of that jarring. My last mower was a Grasshopper and the ride quality of the Ferris is in a whole different league.

/ Are Ferris zero-turn mowers really smoother? #57  
I have a IS700z and so far so good. It has 160 hrs on it and has a 30hp motor. Gas mileage is not so good. It loves fuel. But it will cut like a champ. I also installed a golf cart top. I would like to add a nicer seat maybe a suspension seat...

top installed (3).jpg

20170716_195834.jpg

/ Are Ferris zero-turn mowers really smoother? #58  
Yep, 30 galloping ponies under the hood, running full bore, will drink some "Go Juice".
Don'tcha know?
In Southern Speak!!

/ Are Ferris zero-turn mowers really smoother? #59  
I think all the points have been discussed but i will add that my old exmark had a suspension seat but the cushion was really bad. I found replacement seats on sale at Northern and picked on up. It was soon apparent that the old suspension in the old seat was worn out too. It is soo much more comfortabe than the old one. Well worth the cost.

/ Are Ferris zero-turn mowers really smoother? #60  
I think all the points have been discussed but i will add that my old exmark had a suspension seat but the cushion was really bad. I found replacement seats on sale at Northern and picked on up. It was soon apparent that the old suspension in the old seat was worn out too. It is soo much more comfortabe than the old one. Well worth the cost.

kc5dlo which seat did you buy from Northern, they have several? I'm looking for one to put on my IS1500. Thanks