13 yr old Craftsman Snowblower

/ 13 yr old Craftsman Snowblower #1  

shortlid

Silver Member
I found a 13 year old Craftsman two stage snow blower with a 7hp snow king engine. It is in good shape for it's age but the impeller and auger are slow and don't engage fully. Can parts be found four the unit easilysome the cables and control parts state they are not avliable on Craftsman parts online. I JUST bought a house and don't have the money for a new unit. I only have a 35 foot flat paved drive way but live in New Hampshire!;) The model # is 536882602 which if i am correct any Craftsman that starts with 536 is a Murry built unit. Are they hard to fine parts for since Briggs bought them out?

/ 13 yr old Craftsman Snowblower #2  
Your problem sounds like it needs new belts. Take off the front with the auger and impeller and then remove the belts, take them to a small engine repair shop and get the new ones. I'll bet that solves your problem.

/ 13 yr old Craftsman Snowblower
ToadHill said:
Your problem sounds like it needs new belts. Take off the front with the auger and impeller and then remove the belts, take them to a small engine repair shop and get the new ones. I'll bet that solves your problem.

Thanks, I will get it and hope that is the issue. I guess they strech over time.:rolleyes:

/ 13 yr old Craftsman Snowblower #4  
You might also try to adjust the cables and shorten them up a little. This will put more pressure on the belts. This is a normal adjustment that needs to be made from time to time.

/ 13 yr old Craftsman Snowblower
vic4news said:
You might also try to adjust the cables and shorten them up a little. This will put more pressure on the belts. This is a normal adjustment that needs to be made from time to time.

I went by the sears service center in Hudson, NH and they do not have replacements parts for the unit! No cables, no control hard parts?? Shoudl I buyit is parts are no longer made for it?:confused: