Bad Boy ZTR mowers ?

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #62  
Yeah, but he charged extra for them. He said he had just recently found out they were an option for the Pup series.

Did I mention that this thing is awesome? In case I didn't, it is. :D

I'm going to get my brother-in-law over here with his video camera this weekend. Then I'm going to post a review of it, complete with pics and vids.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #63  
tnak said:
Yeah, but he charged extra for them. He said he had just recently found out they were an option for the Pup series.

Did I mention that this thing is awesome? In case I didn't, it is. :D

I'm going to get my brother-in-law over here with his video camera this weekend. Then I'm going to post a review of it, complete with pics and vids.

Yeah, Bad Boy usually doesn't push it cuz if you spend another $600-$700 you can get into a Lightning with 4 wheel suspension (if you're looking at the 30hp Kohler or 31hp Kawasaki--the 23hp Vanguard is another story). Which engine did you pick?

Pix???? :D

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #64  
My Bad Boy Pup was delivered tonight, seems like a great machine. I have been researching ZTR's for a while to replace my Ingersol 3016 with a 48" deck. I was looking at the ZT60 at TSC. After reading this thread I decided to look for a dealer to see what the differences between the ZT60 and the higher end models were. I too was impressed with the build of the ZT60 at TSC. Happened to be at Strawberry Park campground this week and noticed that the only Bad Boy dealer in Connecticut was in Groton, a 20 minute ride. I took a ride down. As I had never even driven a ZTR before, they let me try one of their Bad Boy mowers in the parking lot. Does take a little getting used to. I have a 2 acre lot, I think the ZT60 would have been fine, but I decided to go with the Pup for several reasons. As discussed earlier in this thread I have a couple of hills and the larger tires and weight seemed like it would help me out too. Also the dual hydrolic pumps and filters seemed like they would be better in the long run. I took one with a 52 inch deck, while much of the yard is open, there are some areas the 60 inch deck would not fit and also the yard is not level in some areas, just felt the 52 inch deck would be less prone to scalping. I went with the 23hp vanguard, I have used that engine in the past with no problems, and change the oil and filter on a regular basis.

The dealer in Groton is Cook's Power Equipment in Groton, CT. Extremely knowledgeable and friendly, no pressure at all. I have no doubt that if I have any problems I will be well taken care of. For comparison, the price of the ZT60 was the same as at TSC. I bought the mower Friday afternoon and it was delivered today. He even offered to deliver it on Sunday if that was better for me. If anyone in Connecticut is interested in a Bad Boy mower I can highly recommend checking out Cooks Power Equipment.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #65  
Congrats! I have the ZT60 and mow about 2acres also. My only complaintis it mows too fast. I have to wait another week to have fun again.:D :cool:

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #66  
Hello - I'm new here, and looking to buy a 48" Pup this coming Spring - I hope Bad Boy 07 will chime in here - Is there a chance Bad Boy will come out with a 48" unit with a 26 HP Kawasaki Engine next year, I think it would be a great seller... Thanks.

Pete (The Oldfella)

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #67  
Hello - I'm new here, and looking to buy a 48" Pup this coming Spring - I hope Bad Boy 07 will chime in here - Is there a chance Bad Boy will come out with a 48" unit with a 26 HP Kawasaki Engine next year, I think it would be a great seller... Thanks.

Pete (The Oldfella)

I keep asking them to, and if they're coming out with one, it won't be until later in 2009.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #68  
23 HP Vanguard Engine - Bad Boy 07, I hope you're still lurking around here > I have a question for you: I am told that the Vanguard engine is a Japanese-made engine, that Briggs & Straton imports it - any one else have any info on this? Thanks.

Pete (The OldFella)

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #69  
How about some pics/video of the Pup?