Bad Boy ZTR mowers ?

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #71  
Oldfella, I know you don't have yours, but tnack was promising the pics/video last year! Where are they? Hope to see yours soon.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #72  
Dad bought a 60" ZT with the Briggs in 2006 and other than replacing the belt once, blades, and a bolt coming loose on a pulley he has not had any trouble with it. He mows an acre and a half or so yard, but has been known to mow the pasture with it instead of his bush hog.

I bought a used 2006 Lighting with the liquid cooled Kawasaki last spring. I have been very happy with it. I mow over 3 acres and from crank up to shut down is less than 2 hours. If I can get this new yard smoother it will be faster than that. It mows just as good at top speed as slower unless you just really let the yard get away from you. It is built like a tank, the LQ engine should last me a long time. I think this will easily be a 10 year or more mower for me. The only problem I have had was a spindle that needed to be replaced. That worried me a little as the mower does not have a lot of hours on it. However, it was pretty cheap to fix. I would by another one in a heartbeat.

I have been a little disappointed with the quality of the cut, but that may be more of a yard problem than a mower problem. I'm in the process of converting a hay field to a yard. Hopefully I will have it looking better after this year. I've been spraying and trying to kill all but the Bermuda. It does seem to leave some taller streaks at times though. The grass seems to really stick to the underside of the deck for some reason too, though I'm not sure that is really an issue.

0308024.jpg

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #73  
Bought a ZT60 from TSC a month ago. What a fine built machine. We have had issues with the wheels slipping, worse as expected on inclines and after a rain. We have to mow a certain way. It will not turn going down an incline even when going slow. Has anybody found a solution to this? Wheel weights, different tires. I don't think the cut is as nice as my finish mower I use to pull with my 9N but it is a **** of lot faster and more fun.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #74  
Hey mud, you didn't sale your Branson did ya? You still like'n the Dog? Also where did you get it?

Thanks tnaz

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #75  
You might try some different tires, such as bar and turf mixed, or all bar tires. You can also cut uphill at 45 degree, and come down on another 45 degree angle.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #76  
Dad bought a 60" ZT with the Briggs in 2006 and other than replacing the belt once, blades, and a bolt coming loose on a pulley he has not had any trouble with it. He mows an acre and a half or so yard, but has been known to mow the pasture with it instead of his bush hog.

I bought a used 2006 Lighting with the liquid cooled Kawasaki last spring. I have been very happy with it. I mow over 3 acres and from crank up to shut down is less than 2 hours. If I can get this new yard smoother it will be faster than that. It mows just as good at top speed as slower unless you just really let the yard get away from you. It is built like a tank, the LQ engine should last me a long time. I think this will easily be a 10 year or more mower for me. The only problem I have had was a spindle that needed to be replaced. That worried me a little as the mower does not have a lot of hours on it. However, it was pretty cheap to fix. I would by another one in a heartbeat.

I have been a little disappointed with the quality of the cut, but that may be more of a yard problem than a mower problem. I'm in the process of converting a hay field to a yard. Hopefully I will have it looking better after this year. I've been spraying and trying to kill all but the Bermuda. It does seem to leave some taller streaks at times though. The grass seems to really stick to the underside of the deck for some reason too, though I'm not sure that is really an issue.

0308024.jpg

I thought I'd comment that in 11 years of mostly commercial use and otherwise mowing a 12 acre yard my older Grasshopper mower has just under 1600 hours on it. Other than oil/filter changes and air filter changes, I've just had to change one set of blades. Every spindle is as tight as can be and the original belt is still going strong. Maybe I'm spoiled, but if I had to start replacing any parts before 500 hours I'd be really concerned.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #77  
If the older Grasshopper is commercial, it's not exactly apples and oranges when comparing to a residential model Bad Boy.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #78  
Brother if you are on your second set of blades after 1600 hours you ain't mowing the crap I mow. :D I believe I got 40 hours out of my last set. The yard is looking a lot more like a yard now, and quality of cut seems to improve as the bermuda does. I have hit stumps, roots, stobs, rocks, and someones 1 7/8 hitch ball so far. Oh, and that thing will suck the lid right off a D box. Learned that the hard way too.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #79  
Brother if you are on your second set of blades after 1600 hours you ain't mowing the crap I mow. :D

Did I mention that I'm, um, tight (cheap) at times? :) If they aren't cracked or broken, I'll keep sharpening them until there's almost nothing left. I changed that first set when the "lift" portion of one blade must of been cracked and came off. I'd say it vibrated a bit, but that would be a bit of an understatement. :D

Seriously, I have hit all sorts of stuff when I was mowing commercial. Concrete blocks really aren't a big problem, but big rocks are. I think the worst was when I found the end piece of about a 50' long discarded section of barbed wire and wound it all up around the center spindle. That did not make me a happy camper. :mad:

But, yes, it's not exactly a even comparison between a residential mower and a commercial mower. Believe me, I tried using a residential series mower for commercial mowing part of one year. There is a difference; other than just in price. ;)