Bad Boy ZTR mowers ?

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #1  

dancce

Silver Member
Tractor
9641 Zetor Forterra
Has anyone had experience (using) the Bad Boy ZTR mowers? As a Farm Equipment dealer, I have never handled a line of mowers--but just recently took this line on. I am impressed with them---but would like to hear from people who have had actual user experience---good and/or bad.

dancce

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #2  
A friend of mine has a mowing business, and over the years has had several brands of ztrs. Last year, we were at a tractor show and he boutht a badboy with the cat diesel setup. I have mowed with it, and I was real impressed with the power, the quality, very heavy materials, the ease of maintenance due to the way it is constructed everything that requires service or adjustment is out in the open. He said he has never mowed with any mower that didnt break, until he got the badboy.
I dont know how they compare, pricewise with others, but it will out mow my Bobcat Toolcat with the 90" mower. The only advantage I have is the enclosed cab and heat and air, I can keep comfortable and clean.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #3  
The consensus from lawn care operators that have demoed them are they are a very well built mower, but no where near the quality of the major brands. It has a very high center of gravity if you're mowing slopes. The cut quality is also not as good as the big brands.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #4  
I do not own one but the company that mows my 3 acres of lawn got one last year; before that he used toros. The bad boy did a terrible mowing job. I was not happy the way it cut the lawn. My opinion only.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ?
Thanks for the responses, so far, but me-thinks, (reading between the lines), that some responders have agendas of their own.
Although, I have not handled mowers as a dealer, in the past, I am not completely ignorant of these product lines.
I have personnally used several brands on my homeplace ( large area to mow), through-out the years--(I'm an old fart!)----and I can truthfully say, that I have never used a machine that compares to the Bad Boy. I have only used the Catepillar Diesel on my place----but I found it to be the most stable, comfotable to operate, as good or better cut than any, most easy to access maintainance points, and the toughest built machine of any I have used.
That, along with competitive pricing, and the sense of the company's aggressiveness---lead me to take the line on as a dealer.
I would really like to hear from customers, who have actually purchased and personnally used the Bad Boy mowers. I have no problem with hearing negatives---as long as they are first hand.

Never-the-less---I still thank you ALL for your responses.

dancce

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #6  
There have been a few actual customer posts on the Bad Boy ZTR's here if you hunt back, and the threads and responses have been very positive, even with the lower priced homeowner machines in the Bad Boy lineup. Any negativity I have read has been just due to a lack of a dealer sales/service network, yet I have read their factory parts department has been top notch for those who do their own repairs and maintenance, two things that profitable commercial mower operators should be doing, yet might be a concern for the homeowner.

-Fordlords-

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #7  
A friend of mine got a BadBoy last year loves it, he parked his Kubota 4wd front deck mower.

He mows about 5 acres with it. He got the one with I think a 26hp gas engine on it.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #8  
They are made in Batesville AR here. They are one heavy built rig. Also this is home of Mark Martin Ford. Both of which I like. :)
The guy who owns the company lives up the road from me about a mile as the crow flies probably less.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #9  
You ask for opinions on the mowers and when they aren't what you want to hear, then you assume the people must have agendas?

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ?
I am not going to attempt to defend myself, because I agree, that ,at first glance, it looks like a case of "the pot calling the kettle black". I tried to edit, but I was too late.

What I meant to do was directly address the statement that caused this knee jerk remark---that
"The consensus from lawn care operators that have demoed them are they are a very well built mower, but no where near the quality of the major brands."
This is a pretty broad statement that doesn't make much sense to me.

dancce