allis chalmers tractor

/ allis chalmers tractor #1  

schalfback

I have a allis chalmers 12 hp model 712s. Everything works but the mower. When I try to engage the mower the motor stops and thats it! I just got the tractor with no info.Can any one help me on how to engage the mower properly and what to start looking for if I have a problem.It worked when I bought it 8 months ago. HELP

/ allis chalmers tractor #2  
With the engine shut off, can you reach under the deck and turn the blades? Sounds like it could have a grass clump or a frozen bearing in one of the deck mandrels.

/ allis chalmers tractor #3  
If you check what billbill said and the deck is "ok", check the engine set up. Sometimes it may need a tuneup. It will run without the deck disengaged but it won't run when the drag of the deck is added.

/ allis chalmers tractor #4  
I agree with the Bill that chances are that a bearing frooze up or you have a foreign object of some sort blocking the blades from turning. There is not that much to that model tractor to go wrong.

/ allis chalmers tractor #5  
I'm thinking that you need to look under the seat at the safety switch to see if it's properly wired up and corrosion free.