High Wheeled string trimmers.

/ High Wheeled string trimmers. #1  

gemini5362

Veteran Member
Tractor
Montana 4940C
I will be the first to admit they are pretty pricey but I just got a swisher three in one wheeled string trimmer today. I had a wheeled trimmer for about 5 years it was working well until I was welding about a month ago and caught some grass on fire unfortuneatly before I got the fire out it caught my string trimmer on fire. I am not sure how much damage it got but it was enough for my wife to understand how I had to have a new one. The swisher three in one is made different than other wheeled string trimmers. You can move the snorkel to the side so that you can walk in a straight line and trim the weeds along a fence off to the side of the wheels. You can use it like a regular string trimmer with the snorkel straight and just push it up under things you need to trim. The best thing about it over the other brands is that you can turn the snorkel 90 degrees and have a string edger. It pushes like a lawn mower so that you dont have to carry the weight of the string trimmer and feel the vibration in your hands. It uses a lot thicker/stronger string so that the string lasts longer. and the swisher three in one has a 6.5 horse power motor.

I bought it at lowes. They carry the swisher brand. My lowes did not have the three in one model but were able to order it for me. They are very expensive compared to a carry type but I know people that get one to two years out of those before they have to replace or repair with expensive parts. Mine lasted 5 years and I am going to give what is left to a friend of mine. for 50.00 worth of plastic parts and a new drive belt he will have one. ( I am glad my wife does not read these posts). To me wheeled string trimmers are a lot easier to use, easier to start, and i dont have to carry them around.

/ High Wheeled string trimmers. #2  
Wheeled string trimmer= weed eater from **** is what I call em. I had one and it worked great but you better be prepared for battle. Not for the faint of heart.
I no longer needed mine and gave it to a friend and the first thing he did was hit his wife in the head with a rock from fifty feet, needless to say she does not like that machine but he still uses it for his ditches.

/ High Wheeled string trimmers.
wushaw said:
Wheeled string trimmer= weed eater from **** is what I call em. I had one and it worked great but you better be prepared for battle. Not for the faint of heart.
I no longer needed mine and gave it to a friend and the first thing he did was hit his wife in the head with a rock from fifty feet, needless to say she does not like that machine but he still uses it for his ditches.

That is a lot of difference from my experience with mine. I love mine. I have used it for weeds, ditches everything you would use a string trimmer for. My wife uses mine all the time. I had a yard that was fairly steep and was too wet to mow with a riding mower. It was a rental house and I had it listed in the paper for people to view. I used the wheeled string trimmer and even though the yard was wet it still managed to mow it without getting clogged with wet grass like my push mower had done. I also found it a lot easier to start and pull the starting cord when it is on a wheeled base. Maybe the difference is in the brand or the terrain that you use it in but I have thougherly enjoyed mine and the only reason as I stated that I am getting a new one is because mine got caught in a small grass fire and burned up some things before I could get it out. That plus I want the newer model with the bells and whistles.