Hustler ztr Fastrak

/ Hustler ztr Fastrak #1  

cluelessinalabama

I already have a thread going on in buying a tractor. However hubby is freaked out about price. Still working on getting the tractor, but hubby has found a Hustler ztr Fastrack 54". Any thoughts on this brand? (just incase I can't SWAY him to a tractor?

/ Hustler ztr Fastrak #2  
Hustler is a quality machine, I have the 36" MFT with a Kohler motor, mine is a residential grade machine, what make mine residential grade is the motor and transmission, they are only rated for @800hrs, In 3yrs I have 30hrs on it so far so I figure it will last me a very long time.
They make super duty units and commercial grade also.

Check out www.lawnsite.com they have a representative from Hustler there

/ Hustler ztr Fastrak #3  
I just traded my two year old John Deere 4010 (think small tractor with a fel and rear implements) for a new Hustler Z. After getting our 4.5 acres in good shape, I found that most of what I did with the tractor was shred. Well, it is great on heavy grass, weeds and such, but on nice bermuda, it is just a rough mower. It is also slow around objects like trees and gardens, and a pain to turn with the shredder hanging off the back. So, my local Hustler dealer suggested the Z with a 60" deck and I took it. This thing is a serious grass mowing machine! I absolutely love it.

If I needed to plow or move manure or put in a road, I would certainly have kept the tractor. But I'm happy with the field and road, and I can always rent something if need be. Keep in mind that whatever you buy will eventually, and maybe frequently (not likely with newer machines), break. Tractor parts are not cheap. I have read your other post and you certainly qualify for needing a tractor. I'm just letting you know how I feel about my Hustler mower.

For the inevitable disclaimer, I do not own animals (other than dog and cats) or farm. In reality, we have a house on a huge lot just on the edge of town. Certainly not in the country or on a farm/ranch. A mower fits me. Your mileage may vary :)

I went from this...

057.jpg

to this....

093.jpg

095.jpg

/ Hustler ztr Fastrak #4  
cluelessinalabama said:
I already have a thread going on in buying a tractor. However hubby is freaked out about price. Still working on getting the tractor, but hubby has found a Hustler ztr Fastrack 54". Any thoughts on this brand? (just incase I can't SWAY him to a tractor?

I've got a SuperZ and it is an awesome machine. There is a used one advertised in the Classifieds that seems too cheap - it may not be far from you if it is a for real deal. I bought mine used and abused, ended up with a rod knocking, and a few other repairs - about a grand worth. This machine though is incredibly fast and the cut is spectacular.

/ Hustler ztr Fastrak
Yep got real excited seeing that big yellow Fastrak pics. I would love a tractor because of the horses, but price I think is going to win. I think that I should start out with a ztr and if necessary go tractor later. I have only heard good things about the Hustler Fastrak. Can't wait to chase the horses with it!

/ Hustler ztr Fastrak #6  
cluelessinalabama said:
I can be of no help on the ZTR, but I did read your tractor thread. I suggest you do all the lawn chores and have him do ALL the 'horse' chores... I bet a tractor shows up fairly quickly.

/ Hustler ztr Fastrak
IXLR8, I WISH he'd do all the horse chores. He feels that the horses are "my thing" (meaning me). When my back goes out maybe then the tractor will show up! Until then I am just my horse's staff.