Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    John Deere 5325, CI Farmall 85U, Mccormick International 404

Quote Originally Posted by RollingsFarms View Post
    We have one local Dixie Chopper dealer here. Hes a nice guy but what keeps him in business is his Husqavuarna equipment, NOT his Dixie Chopper stuff. You'll see some Dixes on trailer around here used by mostly commercial lawn guys who are just starting out and don't know any better or either small single person outfits use them. The big boys around here run Exmark, Deere, Hustler, Toro, and kubota(county and city mostly use these). Never been a fan of Generac motors. Might be good in generators but not a good mowing engine from what I've seen, read and heard. Ill stick with Kawasaki.
    You can get a lemon with any product. Went yesterday and bought new blades, oil and filter from the dealership in Sumter, DC. I had a commercial Husgavuarna and I bought at least one pulley and belt a year. Also had to replace idle arm. To me the DC is a lot better machine and faster. I would definitely buy another one.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Tractor
    4520 John Deere

Default Re: thoughts on buying a new dixie chopper classic ztr mower

I bought a used Dixie Chopper with a 60" cut, had the Kohler motor which I just replaced with a Briggs 30 hp. This unit was 8 years old when I bought it. It was owned by a private owner not a lawn company. I have used it for at least 4 years and love it. Never a problem until the motor started using a lot of oil and smoking. I guess the Kohler just wore out. I would buy another one if I had a lot of mowing to do. There isn't anything out there that will cut grass any faster than one of these.

Tractor
    John Deere 5325 & John Deere 910A 22hp Kawasaki/54" deck

Quote Originally Posted by PMA View Post

You can get a lemon with any product. Went yesterday and bought new blades, oil and filter from the dealership in Sumter, DC. I had a commercial Husgavuarna and I bought at least one pulley and belt a year. Also had to replace idle arm. To me the DC is a lot better machine and faster. I would definitely buy another one.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet
    I have looked them over several times when I was kicking the tires for a new commercial zero turn a few years ago. They are really well built machines and very comfortable. At least the two I test drove were....can't remember the names now but they were 52" and 60" machines. I noticed that he had special deals on all of the DC's in the store. That's what made me think he had a hard time selling them because his Husky equipment was not priced nearly the same. The only DC's I've heard that majorly failed were the two a friend f mine had to run his lawn care business. Both mowers blew up prematurely and they must have made it right because he's still cutting with DC's. how's the cut on the choppers? I've always heard that was one of their weak areas, cut quality.

John Deere 5325 MFWD

John Deere 910A 54" 7-Iron PRO deck

Tractor
    4520 John Deere

how's the cut on the choppers? I've always heard that was one of their weak areas, cut quality.
    Mine cuts just fine and makes a very nice looking job when done. You have to keep the blades up on any mower or you start leaving some stuff standing. The sand down here eats the blades pretty quick. I used to sharpen them, but they aren't that expensive, now I just buy three a year.

Tractor
    2012 Gravely Pro Turn 152

Well I guess the user who posted a WHOLE BUNCH of problems with a Dixie Chopper Excalibur and my reply to that user broke some kind of forum rule or bylaw??????????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12