Garden Tractor Pulling

/ Garden Tractor Pulling #1  

justractors

Silver Member
Tractor
Several Antique Garden tractors
Almost time to get the pulling sled ready for the season up here in Northern Michigan.
I have attached a picture of my Altered Stock 1954 Copar Panzer which is almost finished except for sheilds and paint.
Anyone else here who pulls GTs?
Bill

Attachments

• 16-131297-2002-03-09T102engineleftfront.jpg
    16-131297-2002-03-09T102engineleftfront.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,428
   / Garden Tractor Pulling #2  
justractors

Where in Northern Michigan are you located? I'd like to see these GT pulls. I'm in Wolverine about 20 miles north of Gaylord.

/ Garden Tractor Pulling #3  
That is so trick looking. How much weight can it pull?
I'm not sure how the events are run. Maybe it's how far you can pull a certain weight etc.

/ Garden Tractor Pulling #4  
Use to pull w/a Speedex model 1832 and had blast./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

GT pulling just about faded out in this area now. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

I'll try and send a photo but I think there to many pixs.

/ Garden Tractor Pulling #5  
Nice tractor. I am guessing the that motor is just a tincy little bigger than what came with it./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I got to say it does look like fun, but I do not think theres any pulling around here.

/ Garden Tractor Pulling
I live in Mancelona and I have put on pulls in Gaylord, Petoskey, and Mancelona. I am disbanding the pulling club I have tried to get started up here for the past four years due to lack of interest from the local communities.
There is a club in Levering that I pull with and if you are interested please let me know.
Bill

/ Garden Tractor Pulling
This little tractor weighted to 1200 pounds can pull a weight transfer sled weighing 3800 pounds.
The winner is the one who pulls the most weight the furthest.
Bill

/ Garden Tractor Pulling
You are right about the engine. It originally came with a 9 horsepower Briggs and Stratton with belt drive and I repowered it with a 16 horsepower Briggs and Stratton with chain drive and a three speed transmission.
It has been a winter project and I still don't know what she will do on the track. Get to find out as soon as all the snow is gone and I can hook it to my sled.
There are several pulling clubs in your state and most others.
If you are interested please let me know and I will try to help you find one in your area.
Bill

/ Garden Tractor Pulling #9  
That's pretty impressive. I would've never guessed it could pull that much. I imagine that the proper gearing is also very important.

I'd like to see one of these events. Anything happening in Western Michigan?

/ Garden Tractor Pulling
Kevin,
There used to be a club in Lawton down by Three Rivers. Last year they only pulled Antique and Classic farm tractors but supposedly they are going to pull GTs again this year.
There is a pull in Laingsburg (just northeast of Lansing) on the 11th of May.
Also a club called Judgement Day Pullers that pulls in Brown City, Sand Lake and others in your area.
Another club called the Fast Farmers that pull out of Allendale I believe.
I will find out for sure and let you know shortly.

I have considered asking the owner of this site to add a Garden Tractor Pulling section here.
There are many gaden Tractor pullers around that are disgusted over the new yahoo groups format and have been looking for a new home.
One group has over 1500 members and another about 500.

Bill