Best mower for rough terrain...w/smooth ride

/ Best mower for rough terrain...w/smooth ride #21  
Hello. I am new to this site and i need advice. I have a John Deere ztrac commercial mower that has a 48 inch deck that I bought 3 -4 years ago. I mow approximately 7 acres that are rough and want to finish as soon as possible with the least problems. The first year I loved my mower and my yard looked wonderful. Since the first year I have not had a mowing month go by that it doesn't break down. The screw that holds the spring on the deck continues to shear off causing the belt to fly off. Over the past couple of years, I have paid enought in repairs to buy a very expensive mower. The JD dealer keeps saying that it is my fault and that no one has that problem. I do not mow fast as I would bounce off the mower even with the seat belt fastened. I finally had enought and called JD and spoke with a supervisor. After explaining what was happening, she did not offer any help. Even though I bought an extended warranty that doesn't expire until 5/2010 she told me that it had expired. So..... has anyone else had this problem? What would be a reliable mower that can handle a rough 7 acres without breaking repeatedly?

/ Best mower for rough terrain...w/smooth ride
As the original poster, I researched and ended up buying the Ferris IS4500 w/28 HP CAT Diesel.

It provides a super smooth Cadillac-like ride and a good cut. It is very large and heavy, and leaves smashed tire tracks in the turf. I alternate directions every week to give it the cross-hatched look. The 4500 has the best ride of all, according to web research.

The ride is superb, the design is very robust and over-designed; overall I'm quite pleased with the machine. A little overkill for 3 acres, but...:)

61'' FERRIS ZERO TURN LAWN MOWER 28HP CAT DIESEL IS4500

http://http://www.lawnsite.com/archive/index.php/t-106315.html

/ Best mower for rough terrain...w/smooth ride #24  
I bought a Z 717A.

/ Best mower for rough terrain...w/smooth ride #25  
i want to buy riding rough cutter for road side grass

/ Best mower for rough terrain...w/smooth ride #26  
i want to buy riding rough cutter for road side grass

You would be best served by a tractor with a rotary cutter behind it. Unless you have steep angles to cut.

/ Best mower for rough terrain...w/smooth ride #27  
You might take a look at our Bad Boy Lightning series with the 26 hp liquid cooled Kawasaki. It retails for $7995 with a 60" deck. It come standard with a suspension seat and our EZ-Ride system on the front and rear. You can see it at Bad Boy Mowers. Click on dealers and you can find a dealer or contact the sales rep. for your area.

People in this area have not had good experience with Bad Boy, cheaply made parts and terriblw warrenty issues

/ Best mower for rough terrain...w/smooth ride #28  
Hello Dargo. I hope you still use this site. I am looking in 2015 for similar info as you supplied in 2008. I have about 5 acres, a lot of it rough. I have a bad back and worse neck. Discs are pretty much gone between 3-4, 4-5, and 6-7 vertebrae. I am looking for the best available for under $6,000, hopefully at least 50 inch, 60 inch would be better; prefer Kawasaki motor unless you know better. I think the front mounts are better as you say, but not sure any are in my price range. I might be talked into buying used if I had some leads where to look in central Indiana. I've looked at Exmark, Dixie Chopper, Husqvarna (a little leery of them), Kubota, Grasshopper, Ariens, Hustlers, several other names I can't remember, mostly looked online. I have no idea which are best and which might be in that price range of under $6,000. I have a Husqvarna that is too small and weak for 4-5 acres. I have Kubota B2320 that i bought new with MMM and wish I hadn't, but it's too big for all the obstacles anyway. I'm keeping it because it's a tough little tractor and good for a little digging when necessary, moving large stuff, tree trunks, etc. when necessary, deep snow, etc. I have a hard time finding pricing on line and am hoping you can narrow my search so I don't have to read a million miles of product literature before going to find dealers and visit for tests.
Can you help with info on best for $6,000 or less?