Low end lawn tractors

/ Low end lawn tractors #31  
i have a 15 hp husqvuarna that i bought from a dealer. i beat it to death. there is almost no flat ground on my property and i USE my tractor. besides mowint the 'lawn' i mowed a path in the wooded area with it and keep it maintained. i have a johnny bucket on it and i cut 4' deep out of a hillside to level a 16' wide x 20'long space for a 12 x 16 prefab wooden shed for my studio and built a road down the hill so the truck could get up the hillside to deliver the building. . i also have a trailer and with it and the bucket i haul dirt rock and firewood as well as fertilizer etc. and i dug a pond. i have had no...not any...problem with it. this is alabama clay here....they make bricks out of it. i love my husqvuarna. i wouldnt buy one from hd or lowes . they arent the same. they have them almost in your range and its true you get what you pay for.
good fortune....ted

/ Low end lawn tractors #32  
````husqvuarna an sears are the same.
fireball said:
i have a 15 hp husqvuarna that i bought from a dealer. i beat it to death. there is almost no flat ground on my property and i USE my tractor. besides mowint the 'lawn' i mowed a path in the wooded area with it and keep it maintained. i have a johnny bucket on it and i cut 4' deep out of a hillside to level a 16' wide x 20'long space for a 12 x 16 prefab wooden shed for my studio and built a road down the hill so the truck could get up the hillside to deliver the building. . i also have a trailer and with it and the bucket i haul dirt rock and firewood as well as fertilizer etc. and i dug a pond. i have had no...not any...problem with it. this is alabama clay here....they make bricks out of it. i love my husqvuarna. i wouldnt buy one from hd or lowes . they arent the same. they have them almost in your range and its true you get what you pay for.
good fortune....ted

/ Low end lawn tractors #33  
For that kind of money, you could buy one of these old Wheel Horse's and have it refurbed. If I was closer I would do it for you. I am betting I could do this same tractor for under $1000 and you would have a much heavier built and simpler to fix tractor that can do more than any big box store tractor. Cheers Mike
000_1715.jpg

/ Low end lawn tractors #34  
Like JD and Cub, Husqvarna has a higher end line than what they sell at Lowes or HD, only available through dealerships. Most of these are heavier units and feature Kawasaki power and are irrelevent to this thread as I wouldn't consider them low end lawn tractors.

Yes, dollar for dollar the oldie but goodie garden tractors from JD, Cub, Simplicity, Wheel Horse and others are still a much better buy than any of the new light LT's. But some people just have to have new, and for someone like my mom her lightweight Craftsman fills the bill for her light duty needs, and with regular maintenance has now lasted 10 seasons with no major trouble so it's not always a win or lose situation.

-Fordlords-

/ Low end lawn tractors #35  
I agree, but yet, when I have restored one like this for someone, they say its better than a new one, gets more attention than a new one and mows and handles so much better. They have told me its like having the nice restored car on the block, a new tractor is nice, an restored older one that is back at work again, gets the compliments and admoration from the neighbors. I know both of my neighbors are envious of my restore WH and diesel Cub Cadet. Cheers Mike