Vapor Lock?

/ Vapor Lock? #1  

Travelover

Elite Member
Tractor
B7100
My Ingersoll tractor engine has recently been stopping and the fuel filter appears empty - letting it sit and / or dumping water on the fuel pump gets it going again. I'm suspecting that the fuel pump is vapor locking.

Any tips on how to prevent this? Since it never did this in the past (it is 10 years old now, 90 hours on the clock), is it likely that the fuel pump need to be rebuilt?

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

/ Vapor Lock? #2  
My Ingersoll tractor engine has recently been stopping and the fuel filter appears empty - letting it sit and / or dumping water on the fuel pump gets it going again. I'm suspecting that the fuel pump is vapor locking.

Any tips on how to prevent this? Since it never did this in the past (it is 10 years old now, 90 hours on the clock), is it likely that the fuel pump need to be rebuilt?

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.
Is it the briggs 16hp vanguard model 4016 or 4020 20hp Onan model?

/ Vapor Lock? #4  
Briggs Vanguard 16 HP.
I had the same problem with my old briggs vanguard 4016 I had only 50 hours on mine.My ingersoll dealer tried to fix this problem at least 4-5 times with no luck,I ended buying a new 4020 onan model.I guess there is a fix now for this problem from what my previous dealer has told me.I would contact Ingersoll or Briggs directley and see what they say.My 4016 would vapor lock after about 20 minutes of mowing time in hot weather.As soon as the engine would cool down it would refire with no problems and mow like a champ.coobie