Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Cyclone Rake XL screen plugs up frequently.

Very interested in seeing your design marketed. Since I have had no screen clogging issues, other than taking the bathroom bowl scrubb brush provide with the purchase of the CR, and giving the exit screen a quick scrub about once a year, while the CR is running. Any and all slightly hung up or caught leaf, twig, grass, or other lawn and woodsey debris is gone in an jiffy. Have those who are complaining about a clogged screen try this method yet?

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by PWigal View Post
    Hello,

Cyclone Rake exit screen Clogging issue Solved! I have a new Cyclone Z-10 that was purchased last fall. I was all but ready to return the unit due to the discharge screen clogging issue. I decided being a designing engineer to explore the idea of fixing the problem myself due to loving everything about the machine other than the frustration of cleaning the screen about every 10 minutes. I developed a solution for the problem that requires a simple fabricated part that involves no modification to the unit and doesn't interfere with the unit folding up for storage. I contacted Woodland Power to see if they had any interest in my solution and found that they are not interested in fixing their err unless it is given to them for free. I wish someone would come and fix all my problems for free. I found it displeasing to find that I purchased a product from a company that has very little intent to pursue a solution for their product that would lead to customer satisfaction. I wasn't even asked what I would expect for my participation in helping them out. I am considering getting a patent for my part and selling it in the aftermarket. I am making this post to see how many cyclone rake owners would be interested in being able to mow your property without having to touch your exit screen with a brush.

Thanks,
    Pete
    I am very interested in your product. I have the same problem.

Can you provide any details?
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by IH3444 View Post
    Very interested in seeing your design marketed. Since I have had no screen clogging issues, other than taking the bathroom bowl scrubb brush provide with the purchase of the CR, and giving the exit screen a quick scrub about once a year, while the CR is running. Any and all slightly hung up or caught leaf, twig, grass, or other lawn and woodsey debris is gone in an jiffy. Have those who are complaining about a clogged screen try this method yet?
    Yeah, that method works...for about 5 minutes until you have to do it again...
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Quote Originally Posted by CompactTractorFan View Post
    Yeah, that method works...for about 5 minutes until you have to do it again...
    You maybe collecting when it's too damp. CR has a single veil inside, either widen that veil, add a slight weight to it to increase it's effect, or try attaching another veil at an angle underneight the screen. Allow still for a very large volume of air to be able to vent out.

I've just never experienced the troubles you are having.

Tractor
    Kubota B2510

Hi Guys,

I'm sure that there are several having good luck with the CR screen issue and this may be due to there geographic location for weather and humidity change, type off grass, and the way their mower deck chops the grass. I live in the Mid Ohio Valley near the Ohio and Kanawha Rivers which probably attribute to higher humidity and I have a kubota B series that chops the grass into fine 1/2" long debris that are perfect for clogging the screen. I broke my little brush during the first use spending more time off the tractor brushing than on the tractor mowing. I appreciate the fact that the CR does pick up so well and left my yard looking very nice but wasn't worth the frustration of turning a 2 hour mowing job into 6 hours. I was sending it back. That is when I decided to try and fix the thing so it would function with my tractor, grass type, and weather conditions. This, I succeeded in doing. 2 acres in two hours and never got out of the seat once. The screen was 90% open when I was finished. I mowed early in the morning with a little dew left on the grass just to make sure it would work in the worst conditions. I did not post to try and see if everyone using a CR would be interested in my development, just those having the same issue. I searched the web and found most people that have the problem is with the larger units, several with the new Z-10. I had hoped that Woodland Power would be willing to compensate me for my efforts to put a smile on the faces of those having issues and maybe lessen the return on units due to this being the largest flaw. I also believe this would greatly increase the life of the bagging unit by lessening the stress on the seams. With the clogged screen, mine looks like it's read to pop. I will keep my post up to date as I see in numbers the response I receive and decide how to approach marketing my part. It is installed in under 3 minutes, cheaply manufactured and keeps the ability to fold the bagging unit up for storage.
    Those having problems, please post. Come on, did your Dad carry a brush in his back pocket when he mowed the lawn?

Thanks,
    Pete

Tractor
    01 Kubota B21TLB, 2010 Ferris 52" ZTR, Cub Cadet 1811, Gravely Super8

Pete & rest of Cyclone Rake users,

I have a trac vac "the other brand" and I replaced my screens (metal top) a few years ago and made a simple metal deflector pushing the material down first rather than into the screen.

A small delfector inside the bag/box will direct the flow of material down without impacting the air flow out the top. As it is designed all the materials need to drop but the as designed setup directs the flow and debris to the top first..

Tractor
    Kubota B2510

Hi Carl and thanks for the post,

I'm just trying to help CR get an out the door unit that works for everyone's satisfaction and still retain it's portable storage capabilities. This would be a unit that requires no consumer modification after assembly. Alot of us are capable of building machinery but those who can't just want to purchase equipment that does the job as intended right out of the box.

Thanks,

Pete

Tractor
    425 john deere

just bought one in oct-2012 the first question i asked was about screen.well it plugs steady.could someone give me a clue i would really appreciate it.reep

Tractor
    01 Kubota B21TLB, 2010 Ferris 52" ZTR, Cub Cadet 1811, Gravely Super8

Reep,

Seems Pete has a solution but wants to market it to CR and they arent biting. Not sure if Pete has released any info on this but my approach is if it fixes a problem why not help solve this issue by releasing his results.

I dont have any suggestion other than putting a deflector to push debris downward.

Carl
    Kubota B21TLB, Ferris IS2000, Cub Cadet 1811

Tractor
    425 john deere

carl-thank-you for your time.i will build a deflector.as i was writing you cr called me and sending me a differnt screen that suppose to solve problem.thank-you carl hope your safe out there.reep

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast