B&S 15.5 OHV I/C vertical ignition chewed through?

/ B&S 15.5 OHV I/C vertical ignition chewed through? #1  

shortlid

Silver Member
My brother in law has a older Craftsman with a 15.5 hp B&S I/C vertical shaft single. Woudl not fire up so I took a look and saw a smelled lots of mouse activity. Took blower housing off and lts of nest and dead baby mice!:mad: Suckers chewed through ignition wire near coil. Anyone know the part # and are they all teh same on the B&S singles?:confused:

/ B&S 15.5 OHV I/C vertical ignition chewed through? #2  
My brother in law has a older Craftsman with a 15.5 hp B&S I/C vertical shaft single. Woudl not fire up so I took a look and saw a smelled lots of mouse activity. Took blower housing off and lts of nest and dead baby mice!:mad: Suckers chewed through ignition wire near coil. Anyone know the part # and are they all teh same on the B&S singles?:confused:

I don't know the numbers, but the B&S website has the parts manuals for most of their engines... Operator Manuals, Illustrated Parts Lists & Wiring Diagrams - Briggs & Stratton

/ B&S 15.5 OHV I/C vertical ignition chewed through? #3  
As a temporary repair, just wrap the damaged wire with electrical tape. This usually works as long as you get rid of the mice.

My Briggs had the same problem. I have the replacement parts but never got around to installing them since the temporary repair works so well.

Lou Braun