need info for kohler k181T

/ need info for kohler k181T #1  

KARTKRAZY

Tractor
kohler k181t
i have what i think is a 8hp kohler k181T spec#30449d i have looked all over the net and can find nothing matching those #'s any and all info is needed.should this model have a fuel pump or gravity feed?

/ need info for kohler k181T #2  
Try: www.SmallEngineDistributors.net . I have purchased new & complete engines from them when the price of parts is only a few dollars away from replacement. Online catalog is good, but phone support is "I could care less if you wanted to buy anything". Other than phone support, replacement engines and parts are acceptable.

/ need info for kohler k181T #3  
I'm taking a guess from what I've seen but if not mistaken, they are all gravity feed on those K-series engines.

/ need info for kohler k181T #4  
Hi! All K series engines have provision for mounting a mechanically fuel pump. If not a cover is on crankcase.
With Kohler engines some have magneto ignition on flyweel. Other with battery coil ignition. And last Breakerless. This are the most big difference between K engines . Good Luck! Oldmech

/ need info for kohler k181T
how do i find what the jets should be set at?there is nothing that i can find that matches my spec#

Last edited:
   / need info for kohler k181T #6  
You're right about the spec # being hard to find...I couldn't identify it. Try Kohlers website ( link to K181T service manual below) carb settings are there and maybe it'll answer some of your other questions. Oldmech is right on the fuel pump, not all models came with one, I am pretty sure I have a metal one for a K181T (from an older model, the newer ones were plastic) if you need one.
http://www.kohlerengines.com/common/resources/tp_2379.pdf

thank you, the guy i bought the motor from sais it sat for about a year i ceaned the carb twice,the oil that was in it was nasty i actually pulled a piece of what looks to be the old dipstick out of the bottom end,when i pull the plug out it is always black as can be would this make it be sluggish on take off? i changed the oil last night i plan on letting it run a while 2day then i will put fresh oil in it again will this help with the plug problem?

ok i found #s matching but my spec# is 30449d the spec # on there is 30449 it has no d at the end what could the d be for?

/ need info for kohler k181T #10  
It is probably a certain letter for a series of engines made for a certain buyer.