Stihl Kombi System Question

/ Stihl Kombi System Question #1  

Learjet

Tractor
2008 Kubota BX25
Anybody know if the Troy-Bilt attachments (blower - pole saw etc) will work with the Stihl Powerhead? My old Troy died and I really want to replace it with a quality engine but I already have the Quick Link attachments and they are working fine.

/ Stihl Kombi System Question #2  
From what I've seen of the different brands of units they do appear to be interchangable tools, but you'll have to see if they fit.

/ Stihl Kombi System Question #3  
If you find out, let us know. I have the Troy Bilt with most of the attachments and have had nothing but trouble. I don't think they will but that is only a guess.

/ Stihl Kombi System Question #4  
We only have the Stihl in stock but from the parts book the connections don't look close.

/ Stihl Kombi System Question #5  
I have several stihl Kombi systems,the only attachments that will fit are the Stihl attachments,I have in the past bought troy,husky,kombi sets and tried to mix and match it just doesn't work. I sold/gave away everything but Stihl,it makes life so much easier.:)

/ Stihl Kombi System Question
It's a definite NO. The only attachments that work with Stihl powerheads are the Stihl's. Troy-Bilt (and similiar) will not work. It's a totally different link attachment. Really wanted a Stihl but could not justify buying all new attachments as I have a bunch of em'.

/ Stihl Kombi System Question #7  
I just purchased the km110 tonight and have confirmed that my quicklink attachments do fit and work. The dealer told me that they would not fit, but they do - like a glove. I have purchased several quicklink attachments over the years and am very pleased that I will be able to continue to use them until they wear out. I'm sure many of you are in the same boat. Regards // mh

/ Stihl Kombi System Question #8  
As you discovered, they do in fact fit. I have a KM 130 R powerhead and used my Ryobi tiller attachment with it for a while. I didn't do it for long, though, since it was obvious that with the power that the Stihl had that the tiller didn't bog down like it did with my old Ryobi. After using the tiller with the Stihl for a while that gearbox got HOT. I was seriously concerned that I might do damage to the tiller. The Troy-Bilt and Ryobi powerheads don't have the power that the Stihl does, so keep in mind that if you have one of the more powerful KM units. You may very well tear up the attachments if you're not careful. :D

As a side note, the Stihl BG-KM blower is a hoss with the KM 130 R. I sold my BG 85 on eBay since the Kombisystem blower was much more powerful.