RIP Tecumseh

/ RIP Tecumseh
It would be a VERY steep hill to climb right now for the brand to be resurrected as a USA made engine. From things I read, the times before Tecumseh was sold to Platinum Equity they did everything they could think of to stay alive. The best folks can hope for right now is a good supply of service parts, and it looks like that is going to happen from several sources. There were so many millions of these engines made, and it's going to take a few decades for them to fade off the Earth, so owners should be in good shape until the piece of equipment their Tecumseh engine is in (most likely a snow blower) is worn beyond repair.

The worst part is that your typical snow blower owner is going to be oblivious to the fact Tecumseh is gone. They will go in to service shops who will tell them this information, then tell them they can't get parts and need to buy a new snow blower. I just hope I'll find those old Tecumsehs before they are removed from the scrap piles :)

-Fordlords-

/ RIP Tecumseh
He (Grafft) just bought the assets from the Tecumseh factory in TN, including unfinished parts, finished parts, tooling, etc. He is only considering a plan to manufacture engines again, being initially interested in the parts inventory as that is the mainstay of his business. He is not at this time reopening the engine manufacturing division, only researching the possibility.

-Fordlords-