Tractor
    New Holland TC 35

Default Log splitters

Looking to buy a new splitter. Our local farm store only has the short rail brave splitters in stock. Never ran a short rail, needing any input available.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Case DX55, Ford 850

Default Re: Log splitters

Search this site for "Log Splitter" and you should find a lot of suggestions. I have a 22 ton SpeeCo (Huskee) that I got from TSC. Tall rail so no more hunched back while I split, more power than I expected, and a pleasure to use at a much lower cost than I originally planned. I couldn't be happier with it.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Tooo many to list!!

Default Re: Log splitters

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteyf713 View Post
    Looking to buy a new splitter. Our local farm store only has the short rail brave splitters in stock. Never ran a short rail, needing any input available.
    Short rail is not the best splitter out there, but should hold up for one user. Brave is also a good company, and I think they tend to have better quality than some of the ones in the box stores. I know Brave used to be in Lowes around here, but they wouldn't build them cheap enough for Lowes. I think that says they still want to build them in the states??

The short beam splitter was brought out by Brave to meet the customers demand to spend less money. All of the others were doing it, so they had to offer that design so they could compete.