Suggestions for a Flooded engine

/ Suggestions for a Flooded engine #1  

Andy--

Tractor
1995 Honda H55-18
I have a pull start 10.5 HP Briggs & Straton vertical shaft engine on a DR brush mower that got flooded probably when the float bowl malfunctioned (kept filling with gas until over a quart of gas got into the crankcase) and fortunately I found out what had happened before I tried to start it. I drained the crankcase, removed the spark plug then slowly pulled the pull starter until all the gas in the combustion chamber was out. Next I filled the crankcase with new engine oil, squirted oil in through the spark plug hole and pulled the pull starter a number of times. I'll change the oil again remove the muffler and clean it out before trying to start it. As a more permanent solution I plan on adding an in line fuel filter, it already has a fuel petcock anything I've overlooked ?

/ Suggestions for a Flooded engine #2  
Sounds like you covered it all.
Once fired up any remaining gas will evaporate due to engine heat so furthur oil change should not be required.
Naturally we asume you fixed the float problem.
When next using the DR, shut the fuel and run the DR dry even to the point of using choke to suck up last fuel from the bowl.
You probably formed laquer that gummed the valve in open position.