Zero Turns

/ Zero Turns #11  
I can tell you for a fact, the Dixie Choppers are an outstanding machine. They have many models to choose from. I have used them for 18 years, sometimes running all day. They have the Kohler engine on them, driving two pumps and two drive motors. I don't think there was anything that I could not fix or replace on the machine. Parts are easy to get. If you have a distributor near you, go by for a test drive, and give it a work out. Keep in mind, that if you have not used a Zero turn mower before, it may be hard for you to judge all it's attributes.

I believe that they are the fastest machines out there.

/ Zero Turns #12  
Funny how everyone recommends the one that they have! But seriously, you should buy what I have....a John Deere Z-trak...

/ Zero Turns #13  
i just bought a used ferris that needed some love.....i have only run over some leaves with it.......seems like a great machine......

as long as you stick with the big names; kubota, scag, exmark, ferris, hustler, dixie chopper, snapper (looks about the same as ferris to me!)...etc.....you'll be fine......

of course my vote is ferris!;)

/ Zero Turns #14  
I have a Scag Wildcat and its great, but little over the $8K figure. Not much though.

/ Zero Turns #15  
I also have a Scag Wildcat. Paid just over 8K for it. I looked around and didn't find anything that I liked as much.

Eddie

/ Zero Turns #16  
Please give comments and suggestions on Zero turns Durability, reliability and performance and priced under 8K

For use on 5 acres
These are the ZTR,s to look at and test drive,Exmark,Scag,Kubota,Dixie chopper,Walker,John Deere,Grasshopper,Ferris,to name a few.Then make your choice.coobie

/ Zero Turns #17  
I watched for quite some time till I came across a Scag Turf Tiger 51" cut for $5,200.00 It was about 5 years old when I got it. and I have mowed my 5 acres and the 10 from the church next door, and the 6 for the cemetary. for the past 3 years, and actually enjoy it. My son just bought a residential JD from TSC it weighs about 1/2 what mine does. is supposed to have the same HP but it works about half as well. and to the best of my memory he paid about $3200. and he mows about 2 acres, and his broke down 3 times last year to my Once. Summery, go for the commercial quality, it is worth the money.

/ Zero Turns #18  
I use a TYM T330hst with a 84 in finish mower on the back for most of the area. I plan on looking at a smaller Bobcat brand for tighter areas around the house and sheds. The old push mower has had it. I have a friend who did some commercial lawn care work a couple years ago that had one. They were very happy with it and said it did a great job. A suspension seat sounds like a great option to get on one.

/ Zero Turns #19  
Nobody said Hustler Super Z which is what I have. It's the best mower in the world. My dad has a Grasshopper and we both think the Hustler is a better built machine. He has had no issues with his but, the construction of the Hustler is so much better in regards to accessibility for service and gauge of steel used.

/ Zero Turns #20  
I have a 2004 Deere 737 and love it. Cut qaulity is hard to beat. Unfortunetly, they are out of production and their replacement Deere Z800 series has been a joke!