Zero Turns

/ Zero Turns #41  
Which mower had problem throwing the wet grass out?

Sounds like the Hustler, but mine does great. I don't cut in the rain and I also have the higher lift gator serrated blades. I get a really clean smooth cut out of mine. 60 inches though, my time to mow was cut from 1.25 hours to about a half hour.

/ Zero Turns #42  
Two weeks ago I, too, was in the market for a new mower to replace my 6 year old Cub Cadet.. My dream machine was either the Hustler or Bad Boy.....and even had the opportunity to test the Bad Boy at home. It was really great....but I just could not bring myself to pay the $6800........and for a lawn mower at that!!!

My previous three riders were hydostats with 50" cuts and did a great job on our 6 acres of rough and tumble farm yards......cost to own each over their respective 420 hour lives averaged $5.00 per hour. I figure that is more fun to buy new each 5 years rather than spend triple the money for a mower that perhaps will run 800 to 1000 hours.

I settled on a 10 hour, used, Swisher mower for $2300. Got the ZTR with 50 inch cut....to date works fine.....has two Eaton commercial grade hydrostats....and a pretty solid frame and deck...I know time will tell how durable it will be, but for now am happy... good luck

/ Zero Turns #43  
About three years ago we moved into a house with 7.5 acres, so I bought an Ex Mark ZTR. All I could afford was the Ex Mark Quest, which was the bottom of the line ($4000). It's cut is 48 " wide. I have no complaints and have had very few problems. I use it quite a bit - maybe 4 - 6 hrs/week (but I'm not counting).

I am thinking about getting a 5 ft finishing mower for my JD 790 to pull. I plan to keep the Ex Mark for places where the finishing mower can't go.

Eddie

/ Zero Turns
Thanks Fast Eddie HooAh!

/ Zero Turns #45  
Even had the opportunity to test the Bad Boy at home. It was really great....but I just could not bring myself to pay the $6800........and for a lawn mower at that!!!

Was this a demo that a dealer set up for you?

/ Zero Turns #46  
snapper (looks about the same as ferris to me!)...etc.....you'll be fine......

of course my vote is ferris!;)

I think Briggs & Stratton bought out both company's and slightly cheapened the Ferris mowers by removing the suspension and are now being sold as SnapperPro.

/ Zero Turns #47  
So, does that mean that exmark, Toro and New Holland are all the same machines?

The NH commercial machines (G5000) are rebadged EverRide Warriors; just the homeowner ones are Toro.

I had also heard the the decks were different between Exmark and Toro, like one was using the previous generation deck design, but I don't know for sure.

EverRide Commercial Lawn Mowers
Compact-Tractors-and-Commercial-Mowers New Holland G5000-Series-Zero-Turn-Radius - Models, technical data and characteristics