Zero Turns

/ Zero Turns #1  

laen64

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335 SST;FERRIS IS 1500Z 25hp 52"
Please give comments and suggestions on Zero turns Durability, reliability and performance and priced under 8K

For use on 5 acres

/ Zero Turns #2  
Look at the BobCat

/ Zero Turns #3  
What is going on with Bush Hog? If they are solid they are not that far from you. I have one of their homeowners models and my brother one of their commercial models both have been used 3 or 4 summers now. Not aware of anything other than normal repair we either have had other than one ignition switch on my brothers. Mine cuts about 3 1/2 acres most weeks. His about the same. One of the reasons I went with them is they use the same spindles on the ZTR as on their tractor finishing mower (most models any way). I knew it held up well.

/ Zero Turns #4  
Everybody click Wallace's link. Great cursor there. HAAHAHAHAHA!!!
========

Seriously, I don't know what you have to mow down there in Alabama, but 5 acres? More than 2 up here in NC, they use finishing mowers pulled by a tractor. You're going to burn up whatever ZTR you get. 9K will get you a 350 Hustler. The best is a Dixie Chopper for 20K+ (my opinion), that's what all the county people use in Florida for acreage (nobody else can afford them). I think you'd be better off looking for a used Toro Groundsmaster golf course rough mower with a 72" deck.

/ Zero Turns #5  
I have had a JD737 for two seasons. Great speed and quality of cut. No mechanical issues so far. Get the spring seat for a better ride. It uses a lot of gas but has plenty of power. It is not as good for trimming as a front mount mower.

Dan

/ Zero Turns #6  
I use Kubota zero turn belly mower on my six.It is diesel model cost about 10,000 gas machine 7to8 for 72".Really like it because of the trees around the
place. If your property is with out to many obstacles you might look at finish
mower for your new tractor when you pick it out.How is that going.Some guys like to have smaller cheaper ztr around the house 3,000 or less.Finish or
rough terrain rotary mowers for larger acers.Good luck. Framer

/ Zero Turns #7  
We have a Kubota ZG23 and it has done a very nice job for us for the last 4 years cutting 7 acres. I think we paid around $6,500 for it back then. It has never given us any trouble. The only change I would make is I would get one with a suspension because certain areas that we mow are bumpy. If I had the cash I might even think about a diesel engine one.
All the pros I talk to swear by the Grasshopper ZTR's. In the $8K and above price range they would be in the running.

/ Zero Turns #8  
I say check Country Clipper, Scag, and Exmark. Country Clipper's comparrison charts are compelling, and the joy stick is great. Scag and Exmark are really popular with the pros in the North east. Keep us posted. Brian

/ Zero Turns #9  
I'd vote for a used Kubota ZDxx. Very good reliability, excellent power, relatively easy to service, heavily built, and there seems to be plenty of 2-3 year old machines out there in your price range. The only drawback I've found with my ZD21 in approx. 250 hrs, is that the ZD's are pretty heavy - may or may not be a problem for you.

/ Zero Turns #10  
I bought a Toro z453 (52" deck, 23hp Kawasaki engine) last year. I put about 100 hours on it last year. I have been pleased with it so far. I paid $7300 with the upgraded seat. If I wanted a bigger unit and wanted to spend the money, I probably would have bought a Kubota diesel.
Will