Traction?

/ Traction? #1  

deadhorse

I have a G1800 Kubota, (2WD) that have had for about 15 years, great machine. Just recently I moved and now I have some hills to navigate. I am having trouble getting traction. I have regular turf tires. Would Ag tires help get better traction or any other suggestions. Thanks

/ Traction? #2  
maybe use R4 tires because the ag tires (R1) rip up the grass easily because they are designed to cut into the ground. Maybe add weights or fill your tires with fluid. I have the same problem but I have a little Johndeere L118 lawn tractor. Cant wait to upgrade to a larger tractor. I love cutting grass with the johndeere 2210. An R4 tire is pictured below. Good luck!:)

/ Traction? #3  
* ag tires (R1) rip up the grass easily because they are designed to cut into the ground. Maybe add weights or fill your tires with fluid. I have the same problem but I have a little Johndeere L118 lawn tractor. Cant wait to upgrade to a larger tractor. I love cutting grass with the johndeere 2210. An R4 tire is pictured below. Good luck!:)
*Not a problem on the smaller tractors.
R4s turn to racing slicks in mud.

/ Traction? #4  
How about tire chains?

/ Traction? #5  
I have a G1800 Kubota, (2WD) that have had for about 15 years, great machine. Just recently I moved and now I have some hills to navigate. I am having trouble getting traction. I have regular turf tires. Would Ag tires help get better traction or any other suggestions. Thanks

Well, R1's (Ag) tires will give you better traction. At some cost to your grass, on occasion.. How old are the turf tires on your 'bota? Original? The newer turfs are pretty impressive.

Wheel weights or filling your tires would give you some help traction-wise as well.

AKfish

/ Traction?
FYI, I replaced the turf tires with Ag tires and added fluid to the tires. Problem solved, I think I might enter a tractor pulling contest. Thanks for all the suggestions.