3 point sprayers

/ 3 point sprayers #1  

Jimmy Joe

Gold Member
There is a Fimco three point sprayer advertised locally for $425.00. It is a model LG 60 with a 12 foot folding boom with a pto driven pump, the guy says it is 2 years old. I have no experience at all with sprayers other than the hand held pump type, I have about 1 and a half acres of lawn I want to do weed control and possibly liquid fertilizer on. So the question is would this be a good sprayer for me, is the price right and is there anything to look out for when buying a sprayer. Thanks

/ 3 point sprayers #2  
Well I would say the price seems decent for a 60 gal sprayer, but I would question the need for something this large for the size property you have. Just seems out of scale, though I've never applied liquid fert so maybe its OK. For my lawn I have a 25 gallon tow rig, which I use for pesticide, and roundup primarily. Also will use for food plots. I would think you should be fine with something in this range, and maybe save some $$. Mine is not PTO driven, I'm pulling with my LT so it usesan electric pump. It works fine and I paid $125 for it from CL.